Based on previous efforts in supporting civil protection authorities, this program aims to support partner countries in deepening the engagements and priorities identified under the last phase, including reinforcement of national situational rooms and inter-sectoral cooperation for emergency response, Host Nation Support, the link between risk assessment and emergency planning, including information sharing tools to support decision making.
It should also introduce new elements such as :
- Relations with civil society organizations and the scientific community (universities, research centers, etc.),
ISTC implements PPRD Med Program through 5 Work Packages.
- Early warning systems based on earth observation data, building back better, linking with climate adaptation plans,
- Local response capacities, youth and volunteers, medical and Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) aspects of civil protection.
-WP1 Anchoring the UfM into the UCPM
- WP2 Strengthening operational assistance & response capacity
- WP3 Fostering interregional cooperation initiative
- WP4 Using advanced technologies for prevention, preparedness and response
- WP5 Strengthening the interlinkages with all the relevant actors