Vibration Reduction in Electric Machines
Investigation and Development of Devices to Reduce Mechanical Vibration and Noise in Electric Machines
Tech Area / Field
- MAN-MCH/Machinery and Tools/Manufacturing Technology
- MAN-TRI/Tribology/Manufacturing Technology
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
- Electromashina Company, Russia, Kemerovo reg., Prokopyevsk
- Texas A&M University, USA, TX, College Station\nLawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA, CA, Livermore\nUniversität Stuttgart / Institut für Theoretische und Angewandte Physik, Germany, Stuttgart\nUniversity of Oulu, Finland, Oulu
Project summaryThe purpose of the project is the improvement of vibroacoustic characteristics of the electric machines for common-industrial application.
The problem of reduction of the sound vibration (sound oscillations in solids) and noise (sound oscillations in air) in common-industrial application products is one of the most important in mordent machine-building. The solution of this problem has two pronounced applied aspects - decrease of the harmful effect on the environment (ecological significance) and increase of operation safety of products themselves (technical significance).
Therefore, in spite of the big number of domestic and foreign works the problems of the searching of ways to reduce noise and sound vibration are still actual for different spheres of engineering requiring further researches and being the rational direction of qualified researchers and designers efforts application during the conversion of military development.
Vibroisolation and vibrosuppression are two universal and the most effective ways of sound vibration decrease. The authors of the project have experience of many years in practical development of the isolators and suppressors of external vibration. All this permitted them to create rather effective, compact, reliable and enough simple constructive schemes, base methods of designing and the experimental improvement and basic scientific and experimental surplus including range of the technical solutions executed on a level of inventions. The authors of the project have certain experience in direction of struggle with acoustic vibration with the help of isolators and suppressors (in electric motors, medical x-ray computer tomograph units, technological installations and etc.).
The other effective direction of vibration decrease which authors of the project are experienced in is use of the structural damping devices - dispersion of energy in material of the structural unit and its attachment elements, etc.
The authors of the project paid particular attention to the solution of the problem of acoustic vibration decrease in electric motors and first of all in DC electric motors. It is dealt with development of the devices to suppress vibrations inducing in bearing units along vibration propagation, in particular in bearing housings.
The work is to be ended for 2 years so it will be conducted with use of the scientific and experimental surplus. Collaborators participating in the project were earlier involved in development of isolators, suppressors and structural damping devices applied in military engineering having experience in above specialization.
During the first year of project realization the following work will be fulfilled:
– Development (modernization) of testing facilitis;
– With use of the laboratory prototypes investigation of the characteristics of vibrodamping materials and structural damping devices under extra low vibration (pressure) levels typical for electric motors. Choice of material and damping devices for vibrodamping bearing housing fabrication;
– Development of methods for calculation and design schemes of vibrodamping bearing housings.
During the second year of project realization the following work will be fulfilled:
– Drawings of vibridamping bearing housing and their fabrication;
– Checking of the efficiency and operation characteristics of vibrodamping bearing housings being parts of electric motors.
Technical approach and methodology. Methodological approach consists in analysis of the conventional solutions, development of the mathematical models, methods of calculation and design schemes, their experimental check-up, processing of the experimental data with use of the methods of spectral analysis and mathematical statistics.
By authors’ mind the expected results have the scientific significance since they involve solutions of a fundamentally different kind from conventional ones.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.