Purification of Gas Discharge
Purification of Industrial Gas Discharges from Arsenic Containing Compounds.
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-APC/Air Pollution and Control/Environment
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Komarkov D A
State Research Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology, Russia, Moscow
- US Army Engewood Research / Development and Engineering Center, USA, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground
Project summaryA main purpose of environmentally safe and cost-e industrial gas discharge from being volatile do not partic makes them extremely dangerous arsenic compounds of project is development of ective process of purification of arsenic contained compounds that in biochemical nature process. It toxic discharges. Such compounds are a As(OR)3, AsC13, its decomposition and arsenic The purpose of the ectives because it puts scichemical weapon on peaceful oxides, ect is work in in have field with ISTC been developing of reduction of environmental load by purification of the most dangerous gas discharges.
During solving of this task scientists of the National SR Institute OCT are ready to cooperate with specialists of allied fields in other contries to integrate scientists arid engineers who had deal with chemical weapon to international scientific community.
The results of the purification of such discharges will allow to reduce environmental impact of industries on treatment of arsenic contained compounds.
Scientific technical provision is based on using of modern research methods providing an integrated approach to implementation of this task:
- studying of mass transfer conditions at adsorption processes;
- simulating vapour-air mixture and choosing of sorbent at dynamic installation with semi-automatic programmator of taking air samples;
- criterial assessment of process safety;
- studying of sorption kinetic;
- development of methods for folloing utilization or disposal of spent sorbent.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.