Pulse Compression Lasers (R)
High power solid state laser with pulse compression.
Tech Area / Field
- PHY-OPL/Optics and Lasers/Physics
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Lapidus O V
Vavilov State Optical Institute (GOI) / Research Institute for Laser Physics, Russia, St Petersburg
- VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk\nVavilov State Optical Institute (GOI) / Research Institute for Complex Testing of Optical Devices, Russia, Leningrad reg., Sosnovy Bor
- TZN Forschungs- und Entwicklungszentrum Unterlüß GmbH, Germany, Unterlöss\nInstituto de Soldadura e Qualidade, Portugal, Porto Salvo\nBestec GmbH, Germany, Berlin
Project summaryThe Project objective is design and creation of the high-power solid-state lasers, based of the pulse compression, for the purposes of nonlinear and laser plasma optics, X-ray microscopy, lithography, production of amorphous diamond and inertial confinement fusion.
The tasks of the Project:
In the course of the Project fulfillment there will be carried out the mastering in practice of the new architecture for the high-power pulsed or pulse-repetitive solid-state lasers for various applications, providing some advantages in comparison with the common type lasers. In particular, high efficiency, combined with the significantly reduced cost of the pulse-repetitive nano- and subnano-second lasers, based on the pulse compression will make it possible to use such a sources in industry for the purposes of X-ray microscopy, lithography, amorphous diamonds production etc.
Elaborated during the Project fulfillment technologies for fabrication of the new optical materials (crystals, glasses, coatings), new optical components (amplifiers, compressors, phase conjugation mirrors etc.) as well as methods of intense pulse generation, methods and software for numerical calculations, may be used in various related fields of science and engineering.
1. Elaboration of the new optical methods and schemes of the intense laser pulses generation with the duration 0.5-5 ns and repetition rate up to 100 Hz, improving significantly the parameters of the solid-state lasers with the simultaneous cost reducing.
2. Creation of the efficient solid-state lasers with the high radiation power (up to 3-5 TW) on the base of SBS-compression of long pulses.
3. Elaboration of the theory, analytical models and numerical software for the design of the laser systems and their applications.
4. Elaboration of laser schematics, based on SBS-compression use for the purposes of X-ray microscopy, lithography, amorphous diamond production, confinement fusion etc.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.