Powder Spraying on Bases by Using the Shock-Wave Loading Processes under Conditions of Low Temperatures
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-SYN/Materials Synthesis and Processing/Materials
- PHY-NGD/Fluid Mechanics and Gas Dynamics/Physics
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
The main goal of the work under the Project is the development of the technology of the powder spraying on the bases by using the shock-wave loading processes under conditions of low temperatures. In particular, in the Project it is proposed to introduce diamond particles (may be even of the ultra-dispersed diamond type (UDD)) into steel bases. The proposed method for the particles acceleration is the “know how”, and it will be the subject of patenting.
The actuality of the work under the Project is specified by the need for the development of technologies of the metals processing.
Within the framework of the Project the following tasks will be solved:
- review of the available technologies for the introduction of the particles of the coating into the material of the base;
- choice and the substantiation of the experiment variant;
- development of the design documentation and the manufacture of the vacuum chamber for explosive experiments;
- development of the design documentation on the cryogen installation for ensuring the conditions of explosive experiments;
- experimental investigation of the shock-wave loading conditions influence on the quality of the coating applied by spraying;
- investigation into the structure and the mechanical properties of the near-surface layers of the base subjected to the particles action;
- investigation into physical metallurgy properties of the samples recovered in dynamic experiments.
The Project participants competence is confirmed by the results of work in the field of experimental gas dynamics and, in particular, by the accumulated experience at the development of explosive high-velocity launching devices; there are also specialists in the area of vacuum and cryogen technology, investigation of structure and properties of different materials, experienced technologists and designers of unique installations.
The results of the work and the investigations under the Project will be drawn up as the scientific & technical reports, articles and patents.
In the complete conformity with the ISTC goals and tasks the Project gives possibility for the highly qualified specialists, whose knowledge and experience are concerned with the nuclear weapons development, to reorient their creative capabilities for solving the actual problems associated with materials processing with a view to improve the mechanical properties of the materials.
Technologies and techniques being developed within the framework of the proposed Project have possibility to be improved in future and to be used for different materials spraying on different bases.
In the course of the work fulfillment under the Project it is planned to perform the information exchange with foreign collaborators having a great experience of work in the given field, especially with respect to the coordination of the refined technologies and published experimental data.
Technical reports which will be issued in the process of the Project fulfillment will be regularly sent to foreign collaborators for obtaining opinions and discussions.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.