Wasteless Recycling of Vegetation Raw Materials
Technology Justification and Development of Mechanization Means and Automaton of Technological Processes of Wasteless Treatment (Recycling) of Vegetable Raw Materials
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-SPC/Solid Waste Pollution and Control/Environment
- MAN-COM/CAD and CAM/Manufacturing Technology
3 Approved without Funding
GYUXMEKENAYATSUM Scientific Productive Economic Association, Ltd., Armenia, Kotayk reg., Yeghvard
- Ararm Science Production Company, Ltd., Armenia, Yerevan
- National Technical University of Athens / School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Greece, Athens\nEchelon Corporation, USA, CA, Sunnyvale\nCalifornia Polytechnic State University, USA, CA, San Luis Obispo
Project summaryOne of the most vital issues of the Armenian economy is the investigation of the possible creation and input of scientifically justified modern and efficient technology and technical means in the production of processing branches of the agriculture and food industry.
The issue is mainly related to non-waste processing of vegetable raw materials, addressing three vital matters: social – the creation of new jobs, both in the food industry and in agriculture; economic – a significant expansion of a wide range of products as well as retraining of farmers from indifferent raw material suppliers into businessmen supplying finished food products in the marketplace; economic - thorough processing of food industry waste, without air pollution.
Analysis of the modern state of these issues show that the following tasks have yet to be solved:
- Modern greenhouse constructions for sun drying of vegetable raw materials, with the application of a highly effective automated control system of the technological process, excluding possible overheating and steaming of processed raw materials;
- Development of a highly effective automated control system of the technological process of conventional drying of vegetable raw materials, based on information about the current state of the drying material, intensifying the process, decreasing electricity consumption and increasing product quality;
- Scientifically justified production technologies for a new range of food products and national sweets on the basis of fruit, and technical means for the processing of fruit juices into dried concentrates;
- Research and justification of optimal parameters of the technical resources of constructions for obtaining food and medical vegetable oils, abrasive powders, activated coal and combined fodder additives;
- Development and input of technical means of food waste preparation for processing in production, namely, for primary gauging of fruit stones and their splitting, and the pision of a very small cut mass of seeds into core-shell fractions.
In this case the goal of this project is technology justification and development of technical means for automation and mechanization of the technological processes of non-waste processing of vegetable raw materials.
In implementing the project, designed technologies and created technical means of non-waste processing of vegetable raw materials will facilitate the provision of peach, apricot, plum, grape, wild rose and other vegetable oils to the pharmaceutical industry, and activated coal from the shells of fruit stones. Dried fruits and vegetables of all possible kinds will be supplied to food markets, for jams, natural light juices and juices with fruit pulp, dried concentrates, national confectionery, raw materials for confectionery and liqueur. Abrasive powders from the shells of fruit stones for optical glasses and means of discrete mechanical polishing, and crude components of activated coal and combined fodder additives from vegetable oil distillation waste will be supplied to other branches of industry.
Calculations show that the annual economic scale of input of one technological complex of non-waste processing of vegetable raw materials (productivity: 45 tons of dried fruits, 10 tons of vegetable oils and so on) is less than $300,000 USD.
The main methods to solve the theoretical and experimental tasks and experimental design works in theoretical mechanics, physical chemistry, thermal engineering, theoretical bases of automated control of thermal technological processes, bases of imitation theory and mathematical statistics will be used for realization of project goals.
Project participants are highly qualified in this field, since all, including the project manager have more than 20-30 years of experience in scientific-research and experimental-design in mechanization and automation of agricultural projects, processing of vegetable raw materials and agricultural machine design.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.