Diagnostics of Railway Automatics
New Generation Computer-Aided Information Systems for Diagnostics of Railway Automatics and Telemechanics Equipment State
Tech Area / Field
- INF-SIG/Sensors and Signal Processing/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
Georgian Technical University, Georgia, Tbilisi
- Higher School of Transport, Bulgaria, Sofia\nFrontline-Robotics, Canada, ON, Ottawa
Project summaryIn the complex of railway, technical means one of the important links is the signaling, centralization and automatic lock-out devices. Train motion delay caused by the failure of these devices reduces railway capacity and motion safety, respectively increases the transportation costs. Analytical study of the well-known systems of different countries shows that the greater number of abnormal conditions falls on track circuits.
In CIS countries, the existing strategy of track circuit technical service implicates carrying out of regulated works on the joints of any value parameters that is connected with great exploitation expenses. Control of the parameters of track circuits is possible only in case of accurate labour-consuming measurements. The organization of reliable diagnostics of field equipment with transmitters is connected with constructional difficulties and on negatively acting powerful environmental factors. Therefore, trials of many years to create diagnostic systems of field equipment using transmitters gave no results.
In such case, the most effective means is the computer-aided system developed by the authors that will allow to reduce personnel factor to minimum and to pass to service according to the conditions.
With the algorithms of track circuit classification the reliable diagnostics of track circuit becomes possible according to the parameters of separate joints safe from environmental factors.
The authors have received the algorithms of different track circuit regimes. On this basis the computer-aided system of track circuit state diagnostics is worked out with track circuit classifiers.
With the help of diagnostic system, it becomes possible:
- to obtain operative information about the location and character of failure;
- to reduce the cost of failure search works;
- to considerably decrease the duration of failure elimination time;
- to reduce to minimum train motion delays caused by failures;
- to increase transportation quantity and quality and conformably, state budget.
The possibility of organization of this priority technology is nowadays stipulated by fiber-optical cable existing at the railway of Georgia. The presented diagnostic system has no analog in the world.
The presented work is supported with the following articles:
- Mukhigulashvili N, Mukhin L. On the problem of development of mathematical apparatus of track circuits in case of rail joint failure. Trans. of the GTU, 1990, 7(363).
- Mukhigulasvili N. Methods of determination of main equivalent circuit transmission resistance of the studied track circuits in case of rail joint locking. Trans. of the GTU, 1991, 7(385).
- Mukhigulashvili N. Mathematical model of informative indications of track circuit at rail joint failure. Trans. of the GTU, 1991, 6(379).
- Mukhigulashvili N. Analysis of operation of rail line state control system at rail joint failure. Trans. of the GTU, 1996, 6.
- Mukhigulashvili N. Computer-aided systems of diagnostics determining the condition of track circuit elements. Theses of reports at scientific-technical conference of professors and teachers dedicated to the 80th anniversary of Georgian Technical University.- Tbilisi, GTU, 2002.
- Mukhigulashvili N., Gurgenidze M., Elizbarashvili M. On the increase of exploitation reliability of railway automatics and communication devices. Trans. of the GTU, Tbilisi, 1997, 4(415).
- Mukhigulashvili N., Berishvili M. Computer-aided diagnostic systems determining track circuit condition. Trans. of the GTU, 2004.
- Mukhigulashvili N., Dundua A., Papaskiri M. Determination of minimum quantity of the elements controlled for track circuit diagnostics. Trans. of the GTU, 2004.
- 9. Mukhigulashvili N., Sutidze L., Tsikridze D., Neparidze I., Iobidze D. The Technical service model development of railway automation and telemechanic field equipment with use of markov circumference mathematical devise.”Transport and machinebuilding’’. Tbilisi, 2007, №2,pp. 99-105.
- 10. Mukhigulashvili N., Papaskiri, Elbakidze b., Rokvadze T. The Developman of functional abilittes of local diagnostic system LDS by means of a classifier of rail chains. ‘’Problems of Mechanics.’’ Tbilisi. 2008, № 2(31),pp.100-103.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.