Disbalance of Small Spinning Pruducts
Development of the Theory Bases, Methods and Devices for the Automatic Сontrol of the Form Errors and Disbalance of Spinning Products with Small Sizes and Mass
Tech Area / Field
- INF-SIG/Sensors and Signal Processing/Information and Communications
- INS-MEA/Measuring Instruments/Instrumentation
3 Approved without Funding
Kyrgyz-Russian Slavonic University, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Feluwa, Germany, Murlenbach\nUniversity of Arizona / Department of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, USA, AZ, Tucson\nFraunhofer Institute Zerstörungsfreie Prüfverfahren, Germany, Saarbrücken
Project summaryProject goal. Development of theoretical bases, methods and devices for automatic control of form errors and radial displacement of product’s mass center (disbalance). Such products are represented by solids with small mass and sizes and rotate with a high speed during exploitation.
Urgency. Small spinning products with high speed of rotation are widespread. These are rolling bearings, components of equipment for textile and food industries, devices, gyroscopes, etc. These products must have minimal errors of form (roundness inaccuracy) and radial displacement of mass center (disbalance). Otherwise vibration and noise will be observed in operation and productivity as well as equipment reliability will be reduced.
The solution for control of mentioned parameters for the large-scale products has been already found and it can serve as a background for selection and sorting the products according to groups of quality. It is can be integrated in the production process for providing the quality management of products. However, the problem for the small components has not been solved due to absence of acceptable methods and instruments of control.
Modern development of engineering industry, instrument-engineering and other industries moves towards product miniaturization. Therefore the development of theoretical bases, methods and devices for automatic control of form errors and disbalance magnitude for small products with high-speed rotation is an actual problem that needs to be solved.
List of tasks.
- Development of control theory for the form errors and mass center radial displacement for the products with small mass and sizes.
- Theory-based development of control methods that differ in the ways of locating and rotating products.
- Elaboration of the systems for receiving and processing information about product parameters.
- Engineering of the control devices and building the prototypes.
- Laboratory and industrial testing of the prototypes, development of techniques and recommendations on application.
Methodology. In the project background lays the principle of simulating the real exploitation conditions of controlled products. The theory will be based on fundamental statements of analytical mechanics and mathematical statistics, automatic control and information theory. It allows creating new methods for controlling form and disbalance of small products.
During the development of control systems modern computer techniques, design and industrial technologies will be used. The project will be supported by collaborators participation.
Expected results. Project results will contribute to the theory and practice of automation control and quality assurance of various products.
Scientific novelty will be demonstrated in the theory describing laws of small products rotation in gravitational field.
Practical results will be the presented by state-of the art equipment, designed for the form and disbalance automatic control of small products. The equipment allows automatic grading of details with the weight from 0,005 kg and heavier, with the diameter from 0,005 m and rotation speed of 10 - 30 thousand revolutions per minute. The device can control 150-200 products per minute. Information about the control results can be used for automatic operation of technological equipment for improvement of the production quality.
The developed equipment will improve the quality of the machines and device as well as their accuracy, durability, vibration resistance. It will solve the problem of quality control in manufacturing of precise bearings, gyroscopes and other equipment, resulting in positive economic effect. Thus, the project will contribute to the ISTC mission and tasks realization.
The project evaluation. An impressive number of publications on the topic of proposed project is already available, including theoretical analysis of particular issues and testing of some engineering solutions. The articles on the research results have been published in more than 100 various scientific magazines. Here are some publications on the selected topic:
- Muslimov A.P. The device for rotor disbalance control. Author certificate № 938037, Moscow, 1982.
- Muslimov A.P. Mathematical model of quality assurance process of special products /Bulletin of defensive equipment, Moscow, series 13, № 2, 1993.
- Muslimov A.P. Optical-electronical system for disbalance control of details such as bodies of rotation. - Bishkek, 1993.
- Muslimov A.P. Experimental research of PKD-2 device /Bulletin of defensive equipment, Moscow, series 12, № 8, 1995.
- Muslimov A.P., Jalbiev E.A. Defects definition on a surface of products. Author certificate № 950206, Bishkek, 1996.
- Muslimov A.P., Sabdenbekov D.O. Mathematical model of the control method of radial displacement of mass center of the products, rotating on aerostatic supports / the MUK Bulletin, №1(5), Bishkek, 1999.
- Muslimov A.P., Glazunov V.A. Dynamics of hydrostatic support with adjustable clearance /The Science and new technologies, №1, Bishkek, 2002.
- Muslimov A.P., Glazunov V.A. Das Zweikreissystem der adaptiven Steuerung der hydrostatishen Trager / Simens Technik Report №4, 1999.
- Muslimov A.P., Glazunov V.A. Regelung hydrostatishen Elemente erhoht die Genauigkeit von Maschinen / Maschinenmart Das Industrie Magazin, №36, 1999, Hamburg.
Project participants. Group of project participants consists of 18 persons, including 9 «weapon experts». Their work experience includes various spheres of weapon technologies. At the same time, the participants can demonstrate an expert knowledge in theoretical field, development of state of the art equipment and techniques. The participants also possess experience in carrying out sophisticated experiments and processing of their results.
Rich professional experience of "weapon" scientists, contributing to the project will provide valuable synergetic effect. We are sure that our cooperative work on the project will guarantee successful project implementation and wide application of its results.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.