Vaccine Against Sheep Pox
New Technology for Sheep Pox Vaccine Produce, Peroral Vaccine
Tech Area / Field
- AGR-VTH/Vaccines and Theraupetics/Agriculture
3 Approved without Funding
National Academy of Sciences of Kyrgyzstan / Biotechnology Institution, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Ministry of Agriculture / Close Joint Stock Company Altyn-Tamyr, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Colorado State University / College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, USA, CO, Fort Collins\nCanadian Food Inspection Agency, Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Project summarySheep pox is the acute virus disease, according with the OIE classification, it concerns to the special dangerous diseases of the animals (group A). The disease is widespread in the countries of Africa, Asia and Middle East. Fifty seventh states, including thirty African, forty two Asian and three European countries, were unsuccessful on the sheep pox in 1991–1996.
Life attenuated vaccine, entered under skin, is used for the prevention of the disease. Primary – tripsinious tissue culture of the lamb kidneys is applied as the substrat for the vaccine strain reproduction.
The offered project consists of the two interconnection parts:
1. Development of the manufacturing technology of the vaccine from the well – known attenuated sheep pox strains of the ASRIPA and SRAI. Inoculated cells line “TT” will be used as the substrat for the strains reproduction. Inoculated cells line has been received by us from the normal tissue of the health calf testicles. Cells line is free from the contamination by the viruses and other microorganisms, does not cause the tumor of the experimental animals. Using of the inoculated cells line in the technological scheme allows to refuse the external sources of the raw materials (lamb kidneys for the preparing of the primary – tripsinious tissue culture), provide standard conditions for the vaccine strain reproduction and get the opportunity of the development of the automated line for the cells and vaccine strain reproduction. The offered way of the vaccine strain reproduction will allow to lower the cost price of the vaccine.
2. Construction of the peroral vaccine. Stability of the genome of the sheep pox virus, absence of the reversion of the attenuated strains, peculiarity of the immunopathogenezation and infection transferring give the basis in success of the construction of the peroral vaccine. The performance of this task becomes simpler at the creation of the system: cells of the inoculated line “TT” – vaccine strain of the sheep pox virus, received as the result of the allocation, adaptation and attenuation of the epizootic virus in the named system and adoption of the technology of the vaccine strain cultivation in the cells of the inoculated line.
Accumulated knowledge will enable to develop the effective technologies and vaccines against other diseases of the home animals.
The executors of the project are the experts in the field of the tissue cultures and cells, in the development of the vaccines and diagnosticums, particularly, in the development of the vaccine against contagious sheep and goat ectima, inactivated vaccine and diagnosticum against agricultural animals chlamydiouses, vaccine against sheep pox.
Obtaining of the attenuated strain, which will be used for the construction of the peroral vaccine, is expected as the result of the project performance with the invited experts – armorers. It is considerably made simpler and cheaper the process of the animal vaccination.
New manufacturing technology of the vaccine will allow to receive standard bioweight of the vaccine strain with high titre and will raise the profitability of the biopreparation manufacture.
The offered project corresponds completely to the purposes of ISTC.
Provisional duration of the project is three years.
The role of the foreign Collaborators is the important part of the project performance. They have to coordinate and correct of the project tasks at the all investigated phases, check up and discuss the project results. Then there will be joint patenting of the received results and its further using.
It necessary the next during the performance of the project:
– to give the complete description of the inoculated cells line “TT”;
– to develop the optimum ways of the cells and vaccine strains cultivation;
– to study the immunobiological properties of the vaccine strains on the animals in the laboratory conditions;
– to develop the normative – technical documentation.
Allocation, adaptation and attenuation of the epizootic virus will be carried out at the cells of the line “TT” by the standard methods, accepted generally in Virology, with the following selection and cloning of the variants, adequate the attributes of the vaccine strain and studying of the properties of the peroral vaccine on the sheep.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.