Vibration and Shock Resistance
The Development of Practical Decisions of Problems of the Maintenance of the Designs Units and Blocks Resistance at Actions of Extreme Vibrating and Shock Loads
Tech Area / Field
- MAN-MAT/Engineering Materials/Manufacturing Technology
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
Project summaryAs the statistics shows, one of main reasons of failures and accidents is insufficient vibration and shock resistance of units and blocks of designs in extreme conditions of operation. It is known, that the use of rational schematic-design decisions, the application of accomplished technologies do not guarantee the reliability of design, if the high resistance of its units and blocks is not supplied. Therefore the comprehensive study of vibration and shock resistance problems and subsequent development of practical recommendations on improvement and protection of units and blocks of designs (further shortly - designs) is an urgent task for various areas of engineering and one of the most rational directions of application of efforts of qualified researchers and designers during conversion of military development.
In many domestic and foreign works separate problems of maintenance of vibration and shock resistance of designs are considered. However the works, where these problems were considered as a complex, are practically away and that blocks the execution of the optimization of procedures of the improvement of the resistance. That is why, in many cases excessive or insufficient resources are built in the designs, the labor input is extreme.
The given project is based on the author's long-term experience of practical development and on the accumulated calculational, methodical, design and technological surplus, including more than 50 technical decisions, executed on a level of inventions. The main body of the author's collective form the specialists of the unique in Ministry specialized department working on the supply of the units and blocks resistance to vibration and shock loads. The collective is also intensified by highly qualified specialists of VNIITF - by mathematicians, mechanics, experimenters, programmers. It permits to authors to apply in offered project in essence new, complex approach to decision of problems of the resistance. The main purpose of the project - the increase of efficiency of improvement of the resistance. To achieve this aim two main tasks are decided to solve.
First, to develop algorithms of searching of the optimum sequence of the improvement of the resistance, with the next main stages: development of tests regimes using real or calculated loads; designing of the fixture and conducting of tests, determination of the conformity of the design to the given requests, braining up the design to given requests by increasing of its resistance, by decreasing of the activity of sources of the loading, by damping the paths of the transmission of loads from sources to the design, by using of protective devices.
Secondly, taking into account the fact that any of stages can play the prevailing role in maintenance of resistance, it seems necessary to develop on each of stages the set of base calculational, methodical and design decisions, ensuring increased efficiency of improvement. These decisions, as a rule, are in essence differ from conventional. As examples it is possible to indicate the following:
- Methods of the calculation of tests regimes, providing, differ from conventional methods, to determinate regimes of loading of nonlinear systems and systems with the several degrees of freedom;
- Original constructive schemes and methods of designing amortization fixtures, providing the high accuracy of the reproduction of assigned regimes of loading;
- Calculated methods of the synthesis of designs and paths "the sources - design" with increased damping properties, by the optimization of elastic and damping characteristics with the purpose of the most rational usage of available sources of damping (conventional methods are mainly experimental);
- Original constructive schemes and methods of designing of small scaled protective devices, providing, by the combination of typical elements, different variants of the protection: from vibrations and shocks, only from vibrations, in all or in one of the given directions and so on, and also dynamic suppressors frequency adjustable;
- Enough accurate, of the same type for different elastic and damping materials, analytic relations for the determination of static and dynamic characteristics of protective devices in the wide range of deformations: from superlow to deformations of the accident shock (conventional solutions provide enough accuracy of the calculation in essentially more narrow range of static deformations, and during the determination of dynamic characteristics they are based on the empirical relations).
Methodologically each direction of works includes the analysis of conventional decisions, development of mathematical models, methods of calculation and constructive outlines, their check by experiments, development of software.
As a result of the completion of project the algorithms of search of optimum sequence of stages of improvement of resistance and appropriate computer programs will be developed and the set of base calculational, methodical and design decisions on each stage will be developed. The results of the work will be presented as mathematical models and results of mathematical simulation, methods of carrying out of calculations and of conducting of experiments, constructive schemes of test fixtures, protecting and damping devices, regulated dynamic suppressors of vibrations, computer programs of calculation and designing.
Alongside with scientific importance of expected results, it is possible to assume the reception of economic benefit at the expense of decrease of labor input into improvement of resistance at use of base decisions. The expected results have also definite commercial potential.
Therefore in that case if separate decisions will satisfy market requirements, after the completion of the project the cooperation with commercial partners is possible.
Foreign specialists and interested foreign organizations are invited to the cooperation in the term of completing works on the project.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.