On-Line Certification of Detonation Cord
Development of the Automatized Spectrometric Device for Continuous Control of the Explosive Core Mass of the Detonating Cord
Tech Area / Field
- INS-MEA/Measuring Instruments/Instrumentation
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
- State Murom Instrument Making Works (MPZ), Russia, Vladimir reg., Murom
Project summaryThe main goal of the Project consists in the development of the automated spectrometric device for the continuous control of the explosive core mass of the detonating cord during its industrial manufacture of practical usage.
The development actuality for domestic specialized enterprises, which produce and use detonating cords (DC) is stipulated by the complete absence of the modern equipment providing the reliable and trustworthy control of the production quality.
The principle of action of the automated device of control being proposed to be developed according to the Project is based on a new original modification of the nondestructive X-ray spectral method for measuring each component density of two-component medium of the detonating cord; the modification investigations have been performed in VNIITF.
The device of control will make possible to determine:
- core mass of the cord one linear meter in length with error no more than 1.13% at confidence probability equal to 0.95 and velocity of the cord motion equal to 0.1 m/s;
- gaps in the detonating cord core have the characteristic size from 0.7 to 2.75 mm depending on the cord motion velocity.
The method for measuring density of components which has been assumed as the bass of the developed device functioning can be applied to control the characteristics of any other two-component medium with its parameters being similar to those of the detonating cord.
The main results of the development under the Project will consist in the following:
1. The prototype of the automated spectrometric device for the continuous control of the explosive core mass of the detonating cord.
2. Design plans and specifications as well as service forms and records. For the successful completion of the development the use is made of the traditional methodology, equipment and experience of specialists being engaged in investigations in the field of nuclear weapons improvement.
The potential role of foreign collaborators will include the analysis of results and the progress in development, expert's assessment of the attained level, perspectives of technical usage and possibilities for the joint production.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.