Autonomous Power Systems in Mountain Regions of Kyrgyzstan
Autonomous Power Systems on the Base of Specific Energy Sources for High Mountain Regions of Kyrgyzstan
Tech Area / Field
- NNE-MEC/Miscellaneous Energy Conversion/Non-Nuclear Energy
- NNE-SOL/Solar Energy/Non-Nuclear Energy
3 Approved without Funding
Osh State University, Kyrgyzstan, Osh
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA, CA, Livermore\nDurham University / School of Engineering, UK, Durham
- Project goal
Research and development of scientific and technical bases of forming infrastructure of low power for high mountain regions of Kyrgyzstan on the base of complex use of local specific power sources.
- Introduction and overview
At the present time land reforms are carried out in the Kyrgyz Republic, and all lands are passed into private hands. Having realized that the most reliable and tested way of forming of a tight rural economy lies under breeding and cultivation, rural inhabitants have begun farming. Therefore, the last times, tendency of people settlement in mountain and high mountain regions is encreasing by creating a large number of populated areas. Inhabitants of recreated mountain populated areas are developing sewage farms and hook lands of foothill and mountain areas. Development of mountain areas by people brings to ecological crush. People prepare firewood by destroying valuable trees of archa and nut species that leads to soil erosion and arising of various natural cataclysims (landslide, snowslip, destroying of pasture etc.). Rubbish appearing from plants and animals is increasing around populated areas.
Stationary lines of electropower have not reached many populated areas and that is why people live in hard conditions that is characterized by following reasons:
- Unstable or lack of electrical supply;
- Lack of qualitative fuel for common need;
- Absence of technical system for the use of specific power resource.
Aformentioned problem remains very important and is one of the main factors in stable development of mountain areas not only in Kyrgyzstan, but also in other countries of Central Asia (Tadjikistan, Afghanistan, mountainous regions of China etc.).
To develope remote and mountain areas of the republic, to some extent, depends on power supply, work employment of the population, technical and economical opportunities to form small manifucture and condition of life.
Life support power system of mountain areas provides for:
- Complex use of local fuel and specific power resources;
- Binding together of all used power settings into single power system which will provide communal-general and manifactural consumption of concrete houses or agricultural system.
This project envisages to conduct applied research, development and demonstration of autonomous power supply technology of mountain areas.
1. Applied research includes:
- Monitoring of power supply condition in mountain areas;
- Making up of a map of potencial of small power system in certain geographical areas;
- Research of heat-transmitting effect of heat pipes in Stirling engine at complex with autonomous heat-and-power engineering settings;
- Research of autonomous heat supply procces of methanoic anaerobious fermentation in biogas settings under the condition of absence of electrical power sources;
- Research of high-velocity and low-velocity combustion of ecologically pure briquetted fuel from local ill-conditioned raw materials.
2. Development of technology provides for:
- Use of heat-transmitting effect of heat pipes in Stirling engine at complex with autonomous heat-and-power engineering settings;
- Autonomous heat supply procces of methanoic anaerobious fermentation in biogas settings in the condition of absence of electrical power sources;
- Use of high-velocity and low-velocity combustion of ecologically pure briquetted fuel from local ill-conditioned raw materials for producing heat power.
3. The demonstration of the following technology is planned:
- Heating and boiling, electrogenerating settings of everyday life;
- Common electrogenerating apparatus with furnace device;
- Bioenergetical setting with autonomous heat-and-power supply at the expense of solar collector and Stirling engine;
- Portable and long combustion stove for heating dwellings and greenhouses.
- Project tasks
- Reaserch of heat-transmitted effect of heat pipes in Stirling engine;
- Development of technology of retaining heating and electrical power by using heat and electrogenerated agregate for common need;
- Making of heating-and-boiling and electrogenerated setting of common use.
- Research of effectivness of different solar collector use, heat pipe and Stirling engine for providing necessary temperature rate at the reactor of biogas setting;
- Development of bioenergetical setting with autonomous heat-and-power supply of reactor at the expence of solar collectors, heat pipe and Stirling engine;
- Making of bioenergetical setting with autonomous heat-and-power supply of reactor at the expence of solar collectors, heat pipe and Stirling engine.
- Reseach of the mixture of fuel;
- Development of the technology of briquetted fuel production from local organic raw materials;
- Development of device for guided ecological pure incineration of briquetted fuel from local organic raw materials;
1. Conducting of monitoring of condition of power supply in mountain areas and make up a map of potential opportunities of using small power for certain geographical areas of the republic.
2. Analyse of heat-and-power settings on the base of Stirling engine by using heat-transmitted effect of heat pipes.
3. Conducting of bioenergetical setting with autonomous heat-and-power-supply under condition of absence of stationary source of electrical power.
4. Production of briquetted fuel from local organic raw materials:
5. Organization of demonstrational center of autonomous power system that works at specific sources of power for remote and mountain areas.
Above enumerated tasks are complex and the accomplishment takes many-sided character. But a positive result of the suggested work is extremely pressing, especially for the Kyrgyz Republic and other countries of Central Asia (Tadjikistan, Afghanistan, mountainous regions of Cina etc.) where stable development in mountain regions is directly connected with development of power infrastructure.
- Expected results.
As a result of the project research, the following solution to the tasks are expected:
- Inhabitants of mountain regions of Kyrgyzstan are provided with minimum comfort and gain opportunity to information access via television, broadcasting programs and INTERNET;
- Protection of nut and archa forests of Kyrgyzstan from chopping down for firewood;
- Preservation of ecological ballance of nature that decrease a risk natural catasrophe (landslide, snowlip, destroying of pature etc.);
- In the connection of waste products use of plant and animal origin by way of raw materials for fuel, and environment in these regions will be improved;
- Inhabitants of foothill and mountain regions obtain social and economical stableness during hard period in the country.
- Main Publications on the Project Title
- Kenjaev I. G., Tursunbaev J. J., Kudayberdiev B. E. Power balance analyse of autonomous solar power setting// Scientific papers of international conference, Bishkek 2000, p. 358.
- Kenjaev I. G., Tsoy А. V., Bekbutaev E. B. Autonomous heat-and-power setting of common use // Izvestiya Osh TU №2, 2002 p. 117-121.
- Osmonov O. M., Kovalev А.А. Biogas setting for low power-comsuming objects of distant-pasture cattle breeding. // the magazine «Engineering and technical supply of agromanufacturing complex». - М., 1994, №3, p.15-16.
- Osmonov О.М., Kovalev А.А. Biopower setting with autonomous heat-and-power supply. // Izvestiya Osh TU №1, 2002 p. 121-125.
- Tekenov J.Т., Djaparova Sh., Tsoy А.V. Technology of obtaining inexpensive heat from lignite briquette in improved stoves for communal-general use. // Collection of Osh TU, 1999, part1, edition 2. Ecology, chemistry and technology.
- Common heating-and-boiling and electrogenerating agregate. Application № 20020002.2 from 19.03.02. The authors Kenjaev I. G., Tsoy А. V. etc.
- Patent RF № 2066304. Installation for production of biogas. // the authors.: Osmonov О.М., Kovalev А.А., 1996, bulletin №25.
- Patent RF № 2082682. Installation for production of biogas. // the authors: Osmonov О.М., Kovalev А.А. etc. 1997, bulletin №18.
- Patent №990023. A method of preparation and incineration of lignite rubble. // the authors.: Tekenov J. T., Tsoy A. B. etc.
Tentative stage includes:
- Working out a plan of combined works of the project participants and draw up a technical calendar plan.
- Drawing up of an inpidual work plan of the project participants.
- Preparation of concurrance with ISTC.
Main stage includes:
- Conducting of monitoring of condition of power supply in mountain areas and draw up a map of potential opportunities of using small power for certain geographical areas of the republic;
- Research and development of autonomous heat-and-power setting on the base of Stirling engine by using heat-transmitted effect of heat pipes;
- Determination of instantanenous parameter significance of inner contour and the parameter of heat exchange of Stirling engine;
- Research and development of bioenergetical setting with autonomous heat-and-power supply in the condition of absence of stationary electrical power sources:
- Formation of a technology of manufacturing brequetted fuel from local organic raw materials:
- Organization of a demonstrational center.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.