Information and Computing Network Designed to Support Scientific Centers and Institutions Activities when Developing Joint Scientific-technical Projects and Conversion Programs (Second Stage).
Tech Area / Field
- INF-COM/High Performance Computing and Networking/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
NIIIT (Pulse Techniques), Russia, Moscow
- VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk\nCentral Research Institute of Communication, Russia, Moscow\nTsNII ATOMINFORM, Russia, Moscow
Project summaryThe present Project is directed on increase of number of the network users, extension of possibilities and perfecting of the information and computer network of science centers and institution (ICN SC). The project provides for development and introduction of hardware and software, raising the on-line data exchange, development of the subsystem for communication and data transfer, connection to global telecommunication networks with the provision of an access to databases of the international science centers.
A radically new points of Project are following:
- possibility of seismic, geophysical and ecological data exchange between the entities of Minatom - subscribers of ICN SC-2 over the central local computing network (CLCN);
- complex data processing will provide the base for forecasting and minimization of negative effects on environment as a result of radioactive emissions and other factors arising at the entities in the event an accident;
- ICN SC-2 world computing network Internet subnetwork status will provide for possibility of operative data exchange between the science centers of Russia, ISTC and international science centers when carrying out the joint projects.
The developments of the second stage will provide a means for organization of storage and processing of text, graphic entities, sound and video data, sending these data to any users of the same network and to the external medium, widen the possibilities of on-line, virtual and multimedia modes, and also qualitatively a new level of integration and information processing of distributed databases to achieve the joint activities for 32 remote (including 16 1-stage) and 40 central (including 25 1-sage) subscribers.
A new step is technology of extension of the infrastructure of the network by the means of connection to regional center in Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk and Tomsk, connected with satellite channels of communication with central LCN in Moscow (RIPT) additional subscribers which are interested in telecommunication services. The technology is being developed on the base of the Ural regional center RRIPT. Thus, total of the subscribers of the network will be enlarged up to several hundreds.
ICN SC-2 includes three subsystems:
- subsystem of distributed processing and storage of information;
- subscribers subsystem;
- subsystem of communication and data transfer.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.