Automated Thermal Design of Technical Systems
Elaboration of a Software - Hardware Complex for the Thermal Design of Complex Technical Systems Based on the Inverse Problem Solving
Tech Area / Field
- INF-SOF/Software/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
SPC Astrosystems, Russia, Moscow reg., Zelenograd
- Laboratoire d'Astrophysique, France, Toulouse\nUniversity of Liege, Belgium, Angleur\nUniversite Paul Sabatier / Centre d'Etude Spatiale des Rayonnements, France, Toulouse\nEuropean Space Agency / European Space and Technology Center, The Netherlands, Noordwijk
Project summaryThe purpose of the present Project is the elaboration of the software - hardware complex for automatic performing of the thermal design stages of complex technical systems:
- selection of the acceptable designing parameters to provide the equipment operation in the acceptable thermal mode;
- identification of the thermal model according to the results of the experimental measurements;
- optimal control of the thermal operation mode for variable thermal influence. The purpose of the Project is also:
- elaboration of the new scientific methods of the direct and inverse thermal problems solving;
- creation of the hardware and software which could be applied in thermal engineering;
- further development in collaboration with the scientists and engineers of different countries.
At present time in Russia and in other countries there are no common formalized procedures, which can realize the above stages of thermal design of complex technical systems. Therefore it is impossible to make automatic performance and in practice such work requires high-qualified specialists.
Automatic performance of the thermal design stages of complex technical systems could be realized with the help of elaboration and using of the inverse thermal problems solving.
As the result of the project realization the hardware - software complex should be made. This hardware-software complex will consists of:
- thermal sensors, mounted at the objects of thermal trials;
- unit of data acquisition and processing;
- work station of the thermal design with installed software.
New scientific methods for direct and inverse problems solving will be developed new equipment and software will be elaborated for application in thermal engineering.
The Project has commercial value. The elaboration of such hardware-software complex will provide the following benefits to the potential customer:
- opportunity to solve the problems of thermal design, that were impossible to solve using traditional methods;
- thermal trials cost decreasing because of the exception of the direct measurements of thermal physical parameters and using temperature measurements at mock ups and full scale samples;
- will decrease the cost of the thermal trials by planing of experiment: determination of the critical thermal physical parameters and limitation of the measurements amount;
- automatic selection of the acceptable designing parameters and decreasing of the probable subjective mistakes in design;
- gives opportunity to use in thermal engineering less qualified personnel.
The foreign partner in Project is company ESTEC (Netherlands).
Company ESTEC is the largest enterprise of European Cosmic Agency in trials of space equipment. The present hardware-software complex could be used directly in the process of the equipment thermal trials at the facilities of this company. Therefore ESTEC is the customer of this complex and it will take part in the elaboration of the technical specification for this complex, will make technical reports analysis and acceptance of the main stages of the Project. ESTEC will also participate in distribution of the software - hardware complex at foreign market.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.