Early Diagnostics of Heart Disease
Transdermal ME-Method of Early Diagnosis of Cordial Changes
Tech Area / Field
- MED-DID/Diagnostics & Devices/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
VNIIEF, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., Sarov
- Russian Scientific Center for Restorative and Resort Medicine, Russia, Moscow\nNPO TsNIITMASH (Machine-Building Technology), Russia, Moscow
- Grand Medicine, USA, NV, Henderson
Project summaryObjective: Project objective is the development of method of early diagnostics and medical treatment of heart diseases with the use of micro-elements. This method is a small part of newest medical development - "Cutaneous bloodless method of early diagnostics and preventive therapy for people diseases" [3,4]. Project -participants have been working on this problem during the last 8 years. This method allows not only to determine the changes in man organism, but also to carry out the early diagnostics of many pathologic processes on cell- fermentative level long before (some months and years) the appearance of late objective symptoms.
Existing methods (EKG, echocardiography, coronagraph and so on) are not able to determine on the early stage the deflection in heart function.
The proposed method of early diagnostics of heart diseases is based on the parametrical method of cell- fermentative shifts, which allows to correct yet irreversible biochemical changes with high precision.
Technical base of this method are diagnostic and medical - correlative microelement applicators (ME-applicators), which consist of fixed composition of chemical elements (metals and non-metals) in the form of thin semi-transparent layers, sprayed on the transparent polymeric film. Cardio-microelements are copper (Cu), manganese (Mn), selenium (Se), silicon (Si), zinc (Zn), magnesium (Mg), chromium (Cr), gold (Au), vanadium (V), molybdenum (Mo), iron (Fe), germanium (Ge) [1,5].
ME-applicators are fastened to projection zones of front (left coronary basin) and back (right coronary basin) heart walls and retain some time. Penetration of metal and non-metal ME (inside skin and back) is the result of diffusion. It leads to the transportation of matters, leveling of concentrations and fixing of balanced distribution of particles concentrations and densities. After ME-applicators removal with the help of micro-photometer we can determine with high accuracy the deficiency of necessary for heart functioning ME and quantitative need of them by affection zones. Then with the help of computer program we carry out the diagnosis of heart diseases and identify deflection in heart function.
In the framework of the project it is supposed to work in three directions:
1. The development of ME-applicators production technology, which includes:
a. technology of semi-transparent ME layers plating on polymeric films by vacuum methods with the necessary thickness and adherence;
b. design and technology of ME-applicators production;
2. Development and production of 12-cardio type micro- photometer with software.
3. Development of the method for early diagnostic of heart diseases on the basis of heart ME- homeostasis evaluation. It demands to study and to verify clinical, physiological and biochemical parameters at the deficiency of 12 cardio ME.
Expected results and their applications:
The results of Project fulfillment:
1. Medical method of early diagnostic and treatment of heart diseases with the help of ME- applicators.
2. Computer program for early diagnostic of heart diseases.
3. Technology of ME- applicators production.
4. Technical documentation on the devices and accessories for ME- applicators production.
5. Pre-production model of 12-channel micro- photometer and its technical documentation.
6. Scientific results will be published.
After Project fulfillment the developed method of early diagnostics and heart treatment will be presented to Russian and foreign medical institutions (therapeutic, cardiological, sport- sanitary, expert, prophylactic). The organizations, interested in the developed technology will be searched.
Technical approach and methodology.
The Project objective is development of skin- resorptive method (SRM) of metal and non-metal ME evaluation.
The project work will be built on the following scheme:
1. Technology development of the semi-transparent ME layers coating the polymeric films by vacuum methods (thermal evaporation, magnetron sputtering) with the necessary thickness and adherence. (Twelve chemical elements).
2. Development of design and technology for ME- applicators production.
3. Development and manufacture of pre-production model of 12-channel micro-photometer.
4. Development of computer program for earlier diagnostics of heart diseases.
Scientific and commercial significance.
The developing method of heart diseases earlier diagnostics and treatment opens tremendous therapeutic possibilities and can be used in clinical practice of many countries. The following Project results have commercial significance:
1. The method of early diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases with the help of ME- applicators.
2. Computer program.
3. Diagnostic and medical ME- applicators or technology of its production.
4. Electronic micro- photometer or its technical documentation.
Besides, the data on the optical parameters of semi-transparent metal and non-metal layers, obtained by the methods of thermal evaporation and magnetron sputtering in vacuum have high scientific and commercial significance. These data will be obtained during the fulfillment of semi-transparent ME layers coating technology development.
Meeting ISTC Goals and Objectives.
The Project completely corresponds to the ISTC goals:
1. This project provides peaceful purposes and is directed on the people health protection and also on the decreasing and relief of the heart diseases;
2. The Project results have commercial potential;
3. The project provides to Russian scientists and engineers, who had been engaged in weapon development, an opportunity to redirect their talents to peaceful activities.
Role of Foreign Collaborators.
Our collaborators are:
1. State and private medical institutions in France (France Institute of traditional medicine), Italy, Germany.
2. Institutes and laboratories dealing with thin films coating by vacuum methods and optical measurements.
The following non-financial participation of collaborators is supposed:
1. information interchange during Project fulfillment;
2. examination of results, obtained during Project fulfillment;
3. test and evaluation of equipment/ technology, developed during project fulfillment;
4. help in the commercial application of new obtained technology;
5. carrying out of mutual symposia and seminars.
1. Babenko G.A. O roli narusheniya obmena mikroelementov - metallov v patogeneze ateroskleroza. Kiev. Zdorov'e, 1972, v.3, pp. 3-10 (in Russian)
2. Velkhover E.S. Sposob opredeleniya defistita microelementov v organizme cheloveka. Patent RF №2040257 ot 19 October 1992
3. Velkhover E.S. Kak vzvesit' zdorov'e. Nauka i zhizn' № 2, 2000, pp 138-139 (in Russian)
4. Zhavoronkov A.A. Tsinkdefitsitnye sostoyaniya u cheloveka. Patalogiya № 9, 1983, pp 77-80 (in Russian).
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.