Computation Laboratory of Radiophysics
Design and Development of a Program Environment for Compiling, Storage and Usage of Knowledge in Radiophysics
Tech Area / Field
- INF-OTH/Other/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
Russian Academy of Sciences / Institute of Applied Physics, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., N. Novgorod
- Nizhny Novgorod Agency for High Technologies, Russia, Nizhni Novgorod
- Capvidia, Belgium, Leuven\nUniversité Libre de Bruxelles / Optique Nonlinéaire Théorique, Belgium, Brussels
Project summaryThe project is aimed at solving the problem of knowledge management in the field of fundamental science as well knowledge transfer in the process of specialists training.
The goal of the project is to develop a new technology of knowledge management realized within the framework of the software system “Computational Radiophysics Laboratory” intended for the solution of basic informational tasks appearing during numerical modeling of radiophysical phenomena in the process of study and scientific investigations. These informational processes are as follows:
– classification of mathematical models of objects and processes in Radiophysics as a science;
– storage and accumulation of the structured knowledge and administration of the access to it;
– storage and accumulation of methods of generation and transformation of objects and processes in radiophysics;
– representation of objects and processes in audio-visual or other forms;
– search of required knowledge based on the adopted classification.
“Computational Radiophysics Laboratory” is intended for researchers, engineers, post-graduate students, students and educational technology developers.
“Computational Radiophysics Laboratory” comprises:
– workspace, i.e. an interface providing the control over processing processes based on notions and methods of Radiophysics;
– set of tools, i.e. software realizations of methods of generation and transformation of objects and processes in radiophysics;
– system of quantitative and qualitative (audio, video) representation of radiophysical objects and processes;
– system of storage and search of the results of calculations and modeling as well as their representations;
– textbook ( hard copy) and book of problems.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.