Low Divergence EM-beam
Development of a Method for Producing Electromagnetic Wave Beams with Small Divergence
Tech Area / Field
- PHY-RAW/Radiofrequency Waves/Physics
3 Approved without Funding
MRTI (Radio Techniques), Russia, Moscow
- Russian Academy of Sciences / Institute of Radioengineering and Electronics, Russia, Moscow\nMoscow Power Engineering Institute, Russia, Moscow
- US Department of Defense / Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, USA, DC, Washington
Project summaryDevelopment of a Method for Producing Electromagnetic Wave Beam with Small Divergence. Project #386-3.
Project Manager: Sergey S.Shaposhnikov - Leading Scientist of Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Moscow Radiotechnical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (MRTI RAS").
1. Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Moscow Radiotechnical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences (FSUE “MRTI RAS”);
2. Institute of a Radio Engineering and Electronics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IRE RUS);
3. Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University) – MPEI (TU).
In the project the various distributions of electromagnetic fields on a radiator of the Wireless Power Transmission (WPT) systems will be synthesized for the reduce the active area of radiating antenna and also its cost. For this purpose:
– the computing programs for finding of optimum phase and peak distributions of a field in WPT transmitting antennas, including development of numerical methods of synthesis of aerials on a field in a Fresnel zone will be developed.
– the numerical methods of phase synthesis of discrete antennas on a field in a Fresnel zone with use of iterative processes will be widely used. This realization is carried out on the computer by software of a mathematical package MATLAB.
– the technique of the account of random factors will be developed at designing WPT systems, including at presence of phase mistakes in the transmitting antenna. The basic concrete result on the given item will be the modernization of the program for the account of casual phase mistakes of the WPT excitation transmitting antenna arrays. The appropriate loading program for modeling casual phase mistakes of excitation by the transmitting antenna array will be created.
The following technical schedule activities are considered as possible:
1. Representation of the materials for the report with the review of the work which have been carried out in frameworks ISTC of the projects 386 and 386-2 on 54-th International Astronautical Congress in October, 2003 in Bremen (Germany).
2. Representation of the materials for the report "Research of influence of casual amplitude and phase mistakes of excitation of modules by the transmitting antenna arrays on efficiency of transfer of a microwave capacity through free space and on angular distribution side radiation" on the International Antenna Conference (CriMiCo2002).
3. Representation of the materials for the report about the results of the work on the project 386-3 for 55-th International Astronautical Congress in October, 2004 in Vancouver (Canada).
The development and debugging of the computing programs for personal COMPUTERS of a type Pentium II-IV is directed to their commercial use.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.