X-ray Spectrometer for Mining
Development of X-ray Fluorescent Spectrometer for Continuous Measurement of Mass Fraction of Chemical Elements in Production Lines of Ore Mining & Concentrating and Chemical Enterprises
Tech Area / Field
- INS-MEA/Measuring Instruments/Instrumentation
3 Approved without Funding
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
- AO Ufalei Nikel, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Verkhniy Ufalei\nNPO Mayak, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Oziorsk
Project summaryThe basic goal of the Project consists in the development of the X-ray fluorescent spectrometer designed for the continuous measurement of mass fraction of chemical elements in the production lines of mining & extractive and chemical industries and intended to be used in the composition of the automated control system of technological processes.
The principle of action of the perspective spectrometer proposed to be developed is based on the method of the X-ray spectral fluorescent analysis (XRSFA). The generation of the characteristic spectra of studied media is realized by the radioisotope sources of X-ray radiation, which are used for equipping the changeable gauges of the spectrometer. The gauges are mounted directly in the production lines of the analyzed media. The spectrometer control and information processing are performed by the personal computer.
For the successful of completion the development the use is made of traditional methology, equipment and experience of specialists engaged in the investigation in the field of the nuclear weapon improvement.
Basic results of the development under the Project will consist in the following:
1. Prototype of the X-ray fluorescent spectrometer for the approximate analysis in the production lines with changeable gauges of three types on the basis of proportional counters and the scintillation gauge of density.
2. Prototype of the X-ray fluorescent spectrometer based on semiconductor silicon detector with thermoelectric cooling.
3. Design plans and specifications, service forms and records.
The potential role of foreign collaborators consists in the analysis of results and progress of development, expert's assessment of its level and the perspectives of its technical application.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.