Foot and Mouth Disease Control
Epizootological and Environmental Bio-monitoring and Control Measures for FMD in the Kyrgyz Republic
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-CGM/Cytology, Genetics and Molecular Biology/Biotechnology
- AGR-VTH/Vaccines and Theraupetics/Agriculture
- BIO-SFS/Biosafety and BioSecurity/Biotechnology
3 Approved without Funding
Kyrgyz Research Institute of Veterinary named after A.Duysheev, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Ministry of Agriculture / Close Joint Stock Company Altyn-Tamyr, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- National Institute of Animal Health, Japan, Ibaraki
Project summaryThe basic objective of the project is conduction of the epizootic, epidemiological and ecological biomonitoring, development of serological and molecular-biological methods of diagnostics of foot and mouth disease, study of released isolate and comparison with reference strains.
Conduction of a regular observation on epizootic situation and to take a part in conduction of prophylaxis measures in the farms where the foot and mouth disease has been registered. Basing on these measures the monitoring system will be developed and the program on eradication of foot and mouth disease will be offered. It is also suggested to conduct an epizootic monitoring of the foot and mouth disease in frontier areas of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The objective of our work is development and improvement of the technology of production means of diagnostics of the foot and mouth disease of different species of animals for detection of virus-specific antigen in the tests of biological material (PCR) and revelation of antibodies in the blood serums (ELISA), and also means of specific prophylaxes of the foot and mouth disease of agricultural animals.
To achieve this goal it is necessary to fulfill following objectives:
- to conduct the analysis of epizootic situation on foot and mouth disease foot and mouth disease for the last years;
- selection of blood serums from susceptible animals and pathological material for research;
- to study the intensity of postvaccinal immunity within a year for clarification of the durable immunity. Thus according to the data of veterinary specialists there are cases of illness of vaccinated animals;
- training of specialists from the Kyrgyz Republic – the project participants in the laboratories of Japan, USA and Canada;
- to study the antigenic relationship between viruses of foot and mouth disease of animals;
- to develop a test-system on the basis of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for detection of the fragments of genome of the foot and mouth disease virus;
- to study the immunogenic properties of vaccine used in the Kyrgyz Republic used in the Kyrgyz Republic
- to develop a monitoring program and eradicate the foot and mouth disease of animals.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.