Expert system of flight safety increase
Complex researches of an opportunity to increase flight safety of civil airplanes with the help of an expert crew emergency decision support system
Tech Area / Field
- SAT-AER/Aeronautics/Space, Aircraft and Surface Transportation
- INF-IMA/High-Definition Imaging and Displays/Information and Communications
- INF-SIG/Sensors and Signal Processing/Information and Communications
- INF-SOF/Software/Information and Communications
- INS-MEA/Measuring Instruments/Instrumentation
3 Approved without Funding
Gromov Flight Research Institute, Russia, Moscow reg., Zhukovsky
Project summaryThe contents of the project is to carry out research aimed at working out recommendations to construct an onboard flight safety system, which includes an expert crew emergency decision support system, which takes a decision in case of an emergency using an analysis database of air incidents which have taken place in Russia and abroad in the last 50 years, an engineering analysis of crew errors in emergencies, modelling dynamics of the situation’s development and forecast of its consequences, and suggests adaptive recommendations to the crew about prime most rational actions to prevent their dangerous development.
The project’s objective is to work out a model of an expert crew emergency decision support system of civil aircraft and to create recommendations conserning the constructin of onboard flight safety system of civil aircraft.
Subsequently the following steps are to be taken:
· emergency incidents analysis of civil aircraft in Russia and abroad, working out recommendations on correct actions, which the crew should have taken in order to prevent the incidents or reduce their consequences;
· engineering analysis of crew errors in dangerous situations and working out recommendations to create a model of crew’s behaviour and optimum interface between support system and the crew;
· working out offers to create an expert crew emergency decision support system, forming knowledge base of the expert system and creating means to construct it;
· creating an expert crew emergency decision support system model and carrying out tests at flying laboratories to estimate its efficiency.
The following results are expected as an outcome of the project:
· recommendations for the crew to get the plane from an emergency, offers to recognize flight modes and crew actions correctness while getting the plane from the emergency;
· recommendations to construct and estimate the onboard crew emergency decision support system;
· knowledge base of the expert crew emergency decision support system, software of onboard flight safety system;
· an estimation of the developed system taking into consideration the results of mathematical modeling, stend tests and flight tests at flying laboratories.
The preliminary research of the listed problems carried out at Gromov FRI, testify about the prospects of the chosen research directions in order to reach the goal put in the project.
The results of these researches are published in the following works:
1. L. Berestov, E.Kharin, A.Yakushev, etc. "Crew support system in dangerous situations". The patent of Russian Federation № 2128854, Gromov FRI, 1996г.
2. L. Berestov, E.Kharin, A.Yakushev, etc. " Crew decision support system of civil aircraft in dangerous situations or emergencies". Materials of the International symposium "New technologies -2000 ". Zhukovsky, CAHDI, 1997г.
4. V. Poltavets "Air incidents analysis of civil aircraft of I - III classes in 1993-1997". Gromov FRI scientific and technical report № 219-98-IX, 1998.
5. M. Mineev, G. Lapshin, A. Yasenok, etc. "Research to create methods and means of onboard trajectory measurements using SNS, methods to process and analyse BUEC tests materials of the 5-th generation planes in order to determin characteristics of UE components". Gromov FRI scientific and technical report № 159-97-IX, 1997.
6. A. Yakushev, A. Yasenok, V. Kozhurin, etc. "Research to create an expert system to analyse flight tests materials of the piloting-navigating equipment". Gromov FRI scientific and technical report № 300-98-IX, 1998г.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.