Technological Ways of Increasing of Reliability of Heat – Exchange Apparatuses by Increasing the Contact Pressure in the Tube to Tubesheet Joints
Tech Area / Field
- FIR-OTH/Other/Fission Reactors
- NNE-HCS/Heating and Cooling Systems/Non-Nuclear Energy
3 Approved without Funding
Volgograd Research and Design Institute on Techniques for Production of Chemical and Refinery Heat-Exchangers and Vessels, Russia, Volgograd reg., Volgograd
- VNIIEF, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., Sarov
- Selmers Technology B.V., The Netherlands, Beverwijk
Project summaryThe project goal is research of influence of technology parameters on the distribution of the contact pressure in the tube to tubesheet joints in heatexchangers.
Importance of the project is stipulated by necessity of increasing the reliability of heatexchangers which depends only on the contact pressure diagram under condition of correct material selection and proper operating procedures. This is valid not only to expanded joints of tubes to tubesheets, but also to combined joints by welding and expanding. In the latter case tube expanding is required for after-weld stress release. It protects a seam from cyclical loads on the part of the tube and prevents from crevice corrosion.
Directions of the scheduled activities:
- Development of the theory of the influence of stress-deformed tubesheet state on the contact pressure in the joints with the tubes.
- Development of software intended for calculation of variation of the stress-deformed tubesheet state under peripheral zone heating.
- Designing and manufacturing of experimental unit for determining of the contact pressure in the tube to tubesheet joints (expanded joints).
- Results of numerical simulations of the of the stress-deformed tubesheet state on the contact pressure in the joints with the tubes.
- Results of numerical simulations of the temperature field in the tubesheet under pulsed heating of the peripheral zone with allowing for the convection and the losses due to the heating of the tubes.
- Results of the numerical simulations of the stress-deformed tubesheet state during the process of expanding U-bent tubes to the full depth of the tubesheet.
- Laboratory unit intended for measurements of contact pressure in the tube to tubesheet joints and temperature field in the tubesheet.
- Results of laboratory modeling of the tube expanding technology.
- Evaluation of the tube expanding technology from the viewpoint of reliability of the tube to tubesheet joints.
General result of the project is scheduled as a source data for development of technology for production and control of the expanded tube joints guaranteeing failure - free operation of heatexchangers during all service life.
In the project will participate experimenters, experts in elastic-plastic deformation (VNIIPTchimnefteapparatury) and scientist specializing in theoretical physics and applied mathematics (VNIIPTchimnefteapparatury, RFNC-VNIIEF), experts in numerical simulations of physical processes.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.