Complex using of the Geothermal Energy
Investigation of possibility of complex utilizing Pamir geothermal resources
Tech Area / Field
- AGR-FOD/Food & Nutrition/Agriculture
3 Approved without Funding
Tajik Academy of Agricultural Sciences / Pamir experimental agricultural station, Tajikistan, Khorog
- Sanitary and epidemiology Station of Gorno Badakhstan, Tajikistan, Khorog\nPamir Biological Institution, Tajikistan, Khorog
- Engeneering Advancement Association of Japan, Japan, Tokyo
Project summaryThe objectives of the project:
1. Creation cascade: poultry Center → greenhouse → cultivation of fishing.
2. Testing of different kinds of ducklings by the using of heat of geothermal waters all the year.
3. Testing of different kinds of vegetables all the year.
4. Cultivation and testing of different kinds of fishes inside the hot geothermal pool.
5. Creating management plan for Geothermal Research Center, publishing recommendation, leaflets for local population by using the results of the Center.
6. Establishment of permanently functioning Geothermal Training Center for local population
Proposed methodology and outline of R&D plan. Creation of planned cascade technology for investigation of possibility of testing of different kinds of ducklings, gooses → vegetables → fisher's.
The Pamir experimental agricultural Station has all of necessary conditions for implementing of proposed project. In the village Jelondi ( 3580 m.a.s.l. ) our Experimental Station has constructed poultry house, through which hot water will flow for heating round the year. After the poultry – house water will come to greenhouse for heating. For irrigation purposes we will construct line of cold water from the distance of 200 meters. Hot water will be transmitted from the well, located 50 meters from the complex. Cascade from the greenhouse will be extended to two existing artificial pools, which will be pided from each other by metallic or plastic nets. From the greenhouse to pools we will construct the line of pipes. Artificial pools are our contribution. For the full functioning of the complex we need to purchase materials and construct greenhouse. The concrete methodology consists of following points:
- a. Investigation of meats and eggs productivity of poultries throughout the year.
b. Testing of different kinds and sorts of vegetables in geothermal greenhouses throughout the year.
c. Investigation of possibility of breeding of kinds of fishes in hot waters and studying their productivity all the seasons.
d. At the end of project, popular brochures, recommendation and leaflets on complex using of Geothermal Energy will be published.
e. We will organize trainings on complex utilization of Geothermal Energy among local population.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.