Functional Nutrition Synbiotic Product
Clinical and Immunological Effectiveness of the New Synbiotic Product of Functional Food (Sour-Milk Drink with B.Bifidum, Enriched Polysaccharides from Brown Algae Fucus Evanescens)
Tech Area / Field
- BIO-IND/Industrial Biotechnology/Biotechnology
- AGR-FOD/Food & Nutrition/Agriculture
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Melnikov V G
Establishment of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Russia, Primorsky reg., Vladivostok
- Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russia, Primorsky reg., Vladivostok
- Kyorin University School of Medicine, Japan, Tokyo
Project summaryThe project aims to develop biotechnology, clinical and immunological study of the effectiveness and implementation of innovative functional nutrition synbiotic product (sour-milk drink with B. bifidum, enriched polysaccharides) using existing in the region of biologically active raw materials - the brown alga Fucus evanescens.
Scope of the Project:
- Investigation of fucoidan and alginic acid prebiotic and technological properties and evaluation of the promising outlook for their inclusion into the new synbiotic product.
- Obtaining patent for the new results, new synbiotic product technology development, technological documentation completion, manufacturing a pilot batch of the new synbiotic product - (sour-milk drink with B.bifidum, enriched polysaccharides from brown algae Fucus evanescens».).
- Investigation of the new synbiotic product clinicoimmunologic effectiveness for chronic gastroenterological diseases.
- Organization of the new functional nutrition synbiotic product manufacturing
The major innovation in the Project work will be using eubiotics (bifidumbacteria) in combination with effective domestic biologically active substances obtained from sea hydrobionts, which possess both prebiotic properties and a wide range of biologic effects (immunomodulating, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, hypolipidemic etc.) and normalize human immune and metabolic status. Effectiveness of the new product will be proved by clinicoimmunologic tests using modern laboratory diagnostics techniques. Potential consumers of the product will include both patients with clear symptomatic picture of gastrointestinal diseases, and common population whose everyday diet, supplemented with synbiotics, would contribute to immunobiological homeostasis restoration and maintenance.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.