Coke Manufacture in Tajikistan
Organization of by-product Coke Manufacture for Economical Needs of the Republic of Tajikistan
Tech Area / Field
- OBS-NAT/Natural Resources and Earth Sciences/Other Basic Sciences
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of Industry of the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Tajikistan, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
- Joint-Stock Company “Reinforcing Plant”, Tajikistan, Dushanbe\nTajik State National University, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
Project summaryTajikistan owns practically inexhaustible reserves of fuel-energy resources such as black and brown coals, and etc. About 30 brown and black coal deposits have been found and explored in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan up to now. Among these deposits the particularly interesting is the Fan-Yagnob Deposit, which coals are so necessary for by-product-coking industry.
Fan-Yagnob Deposit coals possess very high qualitative indictors. These coals may be used for manufacture of metallurgical coke, low-sulfur semi-coke, high yield of volatile coking products and high yield of volatile semi-coking products. These properties indicate that these coals may be used for both usual coking process and their reprocessing with new methods, such as continuous coking for formation of metallurgical and non-metallurgical fuel, energetic and technological, gas and chemical utilization and etc., and extraction and utilization of by-products of coking, such as benzol, xylene, toluol, carbolic acid, coke gas, resin, ammonia, and etc., which are very important for national economics along with coke.
Another fact, which makes us to develop and manufacture coke and its by-products are their following properties:
- They own very high fuel and energy potential;
- Low percentage of vegetable ash (from 0.5 till 3.2 %);
- Good output of volatile organic coking products, such as benzol, toluol, ammonia, xylene, and etc. (from 28% up to 43.5 %)
The following tasks must be solved in order to achieve the set task:
- Predictive estimate of the main types of fuel-energy minerals and their geographical location in the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Determination and appropriateness substantiation of fuel-energy resources for coke manufacture;
- Technical geological and economical substantiation of development of discovered and undiscovered coal deposits;
- Realization of works in the fields of technology and new reprocessing methods and use of fuel-energy raw material, development of the methods of enrichment and extraction of organic products and their use in specific fields of national economy.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.