Solar Radiation and Solar Boiling Facility
Measuring of the Solar Radiation in the Urban Environment and on this Basis Creation of a Water Boiling Solar Facility
Tech Area / Field
- FIR-NSS/Nuclear Safety and Safeguarding/Fission Reactors
- FIR-REA/Reactor Concept/Fission Reactors
3 Approved without Funding
NII Optica, Georgia, Tbilisi
- Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli / Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale e Meccanica, Italy, Napoli
Project summaryThe purpose of the Project. Development the innovative device for measuring of solar radiation in the urban environment. Design, creation and testing of a solar coffee cooker.
Another purpose of the project is creation of various schemes for usage of an electric power, generated by Silicum PV blocks. The III-V multijunction solar cells will be used for measuring of solar radiation in the urban environment.
The specific goal of the Project.
Monitoring of solar radiation in the urban environment;
Improvement of quality of people service, development of energy-saving technology and ecological safety.
Urgency of the problem. Supplying of people by coffee as in populous (for example, sea beaches, resorts, etc.), and in poorly populated (for example, motorways, camp, etc.) places is connected to necessity of a supply of the electric power, construction of substations and carrying out of other difficult and expensive works. Development of a technique offered by us will allow to solve the given problem without big efforts. Data of monitoring of solar radiation in the urban environment is very important for development the renewable energy sources and for environment control.
The innovations and scientific distinctive of our Project are the following:
- For the first time the innovative device for measuring solar radiation will be created.
- Ga-As solar cells will be used as sensors in facility for measuring solar radiation.
- The cadastre of solar radiation in the urban environment (Tbilisi city) for 12 months (including two summer seasons) will be created.
- For the first time the solar coffee cooker will be created.
- The “Flat-plate” type Si PV blocks will generate electric power for heating of water.
- The special facility for water boiling and coffee cooking will be created.
- The innovative device for application, which will raise a degree of people service will be created.
- Application of the "Flat-plate" type Si PV blocks will allow to save the electric power and to reduce harmful emissions (CO and CO2) in an atmosphere that is especially important in rest and health resort zones.
- The circuit of application of PV techniques for food preparation and for other purposes (refrigerating techniques, Hot dog, foodstuffs heating, etc.) will be developed.
Scientific benefits: The innovative method for measuring solar radiation will be developed and the corresponding facility with Ga-As solar cells sensors will be created. The cadastre of solar radiation in the urban environment (Tbilisi city) for 12 months (including two summer seasons) will be created. The special stand for testing the solar cooker facility will be developed and assembled. The stand will be equipped with detectors for measuring of sunlight activity, humidity, temperature and atmospheric pressure, also water and power supplies will be available. This stand will be used for currying out of field tests of sun activity in various weather conditions for various seasons in Georgia. This investigation will have big scientific benefit for development of renewable energy technologies in Georgia and other countries.
Practical benefits: The cadastre of solar radiation in the urban environment by using of the innovative device for measuring solar radiation will be created. The quality of people service on the sea beaches and resorts, motorways, tourist camps, cities will be improved.
The ecological benefit of the project: The primary objective of this project is the investigation of cadastre of solar radiation in the urban environment by using of the innovative device with Ga-As solar cells for measuring solar radiation and. development, fabrication, testing and currying out of techno-economical comparison of the new solar coffee cooker. Also, the proposed project dedicate to the problems of energy safety and environment protection. Both these problems are interconnected in our project, since the renewable energy sources have less polluting influence on environment than traditional sources of energy (global problems for organic fuel burning, nuclear wastes, etc.).
The importance of this Project for Georgian scientists and economics. The cadastre of solar radiation in Tbilisi city will be created. The development and application of the solar coffee cooker will significantly facilitate, having an importance both for engineering and for economics of Georgia. This, in its turn, will allow to keep the already existed jobs and to create new work places.
- The innovative pilot sample of the device for measuring of solar radiation intensity will be designed, created and tested at the first time.
- The solar radiation in the urban environment (Tbilisi city) for 12 months (including two summer seasons) will be measured.
- The innovative method for measuring solar radiation by the Ga-As solar cells will be developed.
- The pilot sample of a solar coffee cooker will be designed and created for the first time.
- The solar coffee cooker will be worked with electric power generated by Silicum PV blocks.
- The solar coffee cooker will develop energy-saving technology and ecological safety – none polluting for an environment.
- The innovative device for increase of people service will be created.
The foreign collaborator of the Project:
Dr. Oronzio Manca, Professor Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aerospaziale e Meccanica, Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli, via Roma 29 - 81031 Aversa (CE) – Italia, phone +390815010217, fax +390815010204, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com, http://22.214.171.124/docenti/Manca/
Project will be implemented by the staff of the L.E.P.L. Institute OPTICA, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.