Optimal Discrete Images Processing
The Method and Program Complex Development for the Optimal Discrete Images Processing
Tech Area / Field
- INF-IMA/High-Definition Imaging and Displays/Information and Communications
3 Approved without Funding
INFOT Co., Ltd, Russia, Moscow reg., Zelenograd
- NIIMP (Microdevices), Russia, Moscow reg., Zelenograd
Project summaryAt the present almost the all of human vital functions is penetrated by applications of different kind of images forming and transmission systems (video ones). And almost always we can feel their simplification and reduction of price necessity.
This project aim consist in the development of the images optimal discrete processing mathematical method and the general application corresponding software complex summoned to considerably simplify and reduce the video systems cost.
The optimal (maximizing of the resolution) discrete images processing proposed to be developed is based on the spatial frequency domain effective use and permit to raise the apparatus and images forming and transferring systems spatial resolution 1,5-2 times as big. The mentioned numerical effect conforms to effectuated in The Research Institute of Microdevices and The Science and Production Enterprise "INFOT" research results, establishing a frequency domain width connection with accessible resolution and completing in this part the well-known Wittacker -Kotelnikov - Shannon sampling theorem.
In other words, the video data (the total of image samples) contains more information than we can discover observing it directly. For the sheer information perception (resolution increase) it's necessary to adequately coordinate the video data with the receiving system (organ). Such adequate coordination method and software resources development is the project matter.
In the whole the optimal digital processing application effect appears in no less then double mass decrease of the above devices and systems sensor part. This effect may be used for the resolution maximization when the mass is specified, for the mass minimization when the resolution is specified and for intermediate aims (the correlation between the mass and the resolution optimization according to some standard). For example the distant Earth sounding board optoelectronic apparatus cost may be 2-3 times reduced when the resolution is specified.
The use of the optimal digital processing leads video systems and devices on the quality new level, providing their record buyers characteristics.
The first example of systems that use the optimal digital processing will be the "Multifunctional cosmic telecommunication system of the Russian Federation "Rostelesat".
Expected project results:
- the mathematical method of the optimal digital image processing with its application quantitative effects evidence including the application for the total system optimization.
- the acknowledge of the resolution increase via software modeling.
- the wide application software complex ensuring the optimal digital processing realization in different systems.
The application of the created method and programs of optimal discrete processing is supposed in almost every devices and systems with image forming and transfer and first of all in the distant Earth sounding from the space systems. Apart, this processing methodology in applicable in every case when one-dimensional and multidimensional finite spectrum signals.
The potential international collaborators part consist in:
- the requests specification to the projected optimal discrete processing;
- the license support;
- the concordance of the proposed technical solutions for their next implementation as components in collaborators projects;
- the marketing analysis in the project interest sphere to define the most perspective works trends;
- the project results implementation support,
- the provision (in case of need) of quasi-real and real test images.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.