Mineral Resources of the Black Sea
Theoretical Approaches for the Ecologically Safe Exploitation of Some Mineral Resources of the Black Sea
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-WPC/Water Pollution and Control/Environment
3 Approved without Funding
Tbilisi State University / Geophysics Institute, Georgia, Tbilisi
- R. Agladze Institute of Inorganic Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Georgia, Tbilisi\nSukhumi Institute of Physics and Technology, Georgia, Tbilisi
- International Bureau for Environmental Studies, Belgium, Brussels\nTsunami Society International, USA, Honolulu\nMarine Sampling Holland, The Netherlands, Velsen-Noord
Project summaryThe goal of the suggested project is development of scientifically proved technology of ecologically safe utilization of some mineral and power resources of the Black Sea. For the achievement of the project goal Mathematical models of the various physical and ecological processes taking place in the Black Sea will be improved and developed, and also scientific bases of chemical technologies on utilization of some mineral resources of the Black Sea will be developed.
In particular, the following sequence of solution of primary problems is offered (the project consists of 2 parts):
The first part consists of:
- mathematical modeling of circulation processes and distribution of different impurities in the Black Sea on known location and power of the sources;
- developing of the methods of definition of the source on known concentrations of impurities in separate points of the upper layer of the Black Sea, which are available for direct measurements;
The second part consists of:
- theoretical research of kinetics of chemical and electrochemical processes connected with utilization of some mineral resources of the sea;
- experimental research of the processes connected with utilization of some mineral resources of the sea.
For solution of the tasks will be used:
For the first part:
- methods of mathematical modeling based on a full system of ocean hydro and thermodynamics equations and transfer-diffusion equation of a substance as in direct also in conjugate formulation. Splitting methods with respect as on physical processes, also on a vertical plane and geometrical coordinates will be used for solution of these tasks.
For the second part:
- methods of quantum-chemical calculations of kinetic parameters of various chemical processes on a basis of Green functions of operators of polarization of the condensed environments;
- experimental chemical, electrochemical and sorption researches.
- computer programs for calculation of circulation parameters and distribution of different impurities in the Black Sea on known sources; Results of numerical experiments with use of created computer programs;
- computer programs on definition of location of the source on known concentrations of impurity in some points of the upper layer of the Black Sea;
- analytical expressions for kinetic parameters processes of transformation of chemical compounds with containing of sulfur, manganese, arsenic etc., because of
- interaction with each other and with a medium;
- the data of experimental researches of various chemical compounds representing interest from the point of view of practical development of mineral resources of the Black Sea will be received.
As a result of project realization will be developed:
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.