Nuclear Explosions Impact on Mining
Investigations of Underground Nuclear Explosions Impact on Natural Collectors, and Possibilities of Practical Utilization of Revealed Mechanisms in Mining Industry
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
VNIPI Promtechnology, Russia, Moscow
- GERS, Russia, Murmansk reg., Zapolyarny\nVNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
Project summaryObject of the Project - generalization of investigation results after utilization of powerful explosions for stimulation of natural collectors containing oil, gas, and underground waters.
Planned results for Project
In result of fulfillment of the Project generalized results of researches on use of underground nuclear explosions for stimulation of operation of natural collectors, saturated vanous fluids (petroleum, gas, subsurface water) will be submitted.
The received results have unique character and practically there are no analogues in world practice. So for example, only through one well, processed by explosion, injected in a layer - collector about 30 million m3 of industrial waste waters. From a well drilled on gas field, and processed the explosion, has received industrial inflow of petroleum, whereas through usual wells gas was extracted only.
Fulfillment of work under the Project will let:
- To receive laws of mechanical action of underground nuclear explosions on change of properties of natural collectors of a various type,
- To reveal features of electromagnetic action of explosions on mobility saturating a collector of liquids and to evaluate opportunities of practical use of this phenomenon;
- To evaluate efficiency of effect of explosion on technological parameters of operation of natural collectors;
- To develop methods of hydrodynamic accounts movement fluids in zones of effect of explosion;
- To evaluate an opportunity of revealing of underground collectors on large depths and distances by means of deep seismic sounding with use of underground nuclear explosions;
- To receive law of distribution and migration radionuclides in vanous geological environments and to use these results for development of methods prognosis of accounts at designing of underground repository for radioactive wastes;
- To reveal the most perspective directions of use of explosions (nuclear and chemical) for stimulation of operation of underground collectors, at which negative effect on an environment is excluded.
In results of researches can be interested: USA, Canada, France, Japan and other countries.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.