Crabs' Collagenase for Burn Treatment
Production of Collagenase from Crab Hepatopancreas for the Treatment of Burns
Tech Area / Field
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Pobedimskaya D D
Russian Cardiology Research Center / Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Russia, Moscow
- Research Center of Toxicology and Hygienic Regulation of Biopreparations, Russia, Moscow reg., Serpukhov
- Novus Molecular, Inc., USA, CA, San Diego
Project summaryMethodology and approaches:
1. Isolation of collagenase from Kamchatka crab hepalopancreas.
2. Study on physicochemical and enzymological features of the collagen;
3. Elaboration of medicinal remedy of collagenase preparation.
4. Preclinical testing of a preparation.
1. As a result of realization of the project novelty obtained scientific data about features and ways of effective applications of collagenase preparations from Kamchatka crab hepatopancreas will be a subject of theoretical interest.
2. The developed new effective medicinal remedy for burn injuries, macerated and purulent wounds occurring on different tissues of human organism to decrease the time of reepithelization will be the subject of practical interest.
Possible themes of collaboration:
1. Physicochemical and enzymological features of enzyme preparations.
2. Study on immunotoxity and allergy of medicinal preparations.
3. Study of collagenase preparation action on process of blood trombosis.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.