Integrated Plant Protection in Kyrgyzstan
The Integrated Struggle with Pests, Illnesses and Weeds in Kyrgyzstan – the Basis of Ecological Plant Protection
Tech Area / Field
- AGR-PPR/Plant Protection/Agriculture
3 Approved without Funding
Institute of Ecology and Use of Nature, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
- Department of Chemicalization, Protection and Quarantine of Plant, Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek
The purpose of the Project: The study, cultivation and inculcation of elements of integrated plant-protection in agricultural practice in Kyrgyzstan.
The position in the field of research: Integrated management of plant pests, illnesses and weeds has been used in many countries and has become the basis for the protection of plants. Investigations in this field of studying have been held in such countries as Rumania, USA, Finland, Bulgaria, Poland, Austria, and Holland. Such investigations are held in the countries of Commonwealth of Independent States, and specifically in Kyrgyzstan, which are connected with the usage of integrated elements of plant-protection in fruit-growing, vegetable-growing, viticulture, cotton-growing; the conducted works are used in the production of effective biological preparations which are currently used in the sowing of sugar-beet,cotton-growing and vegetable-growing.
In connection with insufficient development and small volume of applying of biological methods, the chemical strife takes the still relevant place in republic. From here, there is a necessity of rational and safety usage of pesticides. The decision of present question should be based on the basis of data about the sanitary condition of agricultural plants sowings in the system of integrated plant-protection.
The competence of participants of the Project:
In present time the research work of Central Establishment and other Institutes, is closely connected with the theme of present project . The Institute of Ecology and Use of Nature of KSPU by I.Arabaev is engaged in studying and cultivation of elements of integrated struggle with the pests, illnesses and weeds for their inculcation on the territory of Chu Valley.
The other participants of the Project (Department of Chemistry and Plant- Protection) work in the field of monitoring of fito-sanitary condition of plant sowings, and also in the cultivation and broadening of volume of application of biological method, and also the test and inculcation of perspective pesticides.
1. "The list of pesticides and agrochemicals, 2000-2003, published in Bishkek, 2000.
2. " The forecast of appearance of prevalent pests and illness of agricultural plants and measures of strife with them in Kyrgyz Republic in 2001, published in Bishkek, 2001.
All participants are competent in appointed sphere. They are highly qualified people with large practical experience in the field of plant-protection.
The main participants of suggested project graduated from Russian Higher Institutes (in Moscow, Kiev) and got the speciality: "Scientist-agronomist in the field Plant-protection".
For the achievement of main purpose the following tasks were put:
2. The improvements of tactics of usage of pesticides in Kyrgyzstan.
3. The improvement and broadening of volume of application of biological method.
The technical approaches and methodology.
1. Quantitative method of definition of a specific structure and number of the pests, illnesses, weeds ( soil excavation, inspection of plants, inspection of tentative platforms-problem 1)
2. Express methods for the visual registration of parasitic objects (problem 1)
3. Microscopical definition method of diseases exciters (problem 1)
4. Methods of an estimation of sanitarian and ecological safety of pesticides (problem 2)
- Biological methods ( with usage of biotests)
- The biological methods are grounded on using of biological test-objects the sensing plants-indicators, insects (fly, larva of a mosquito and others are applied)
- Physicochemical methods (photocolometery, spectohotomatery, gas liquid and liquid chromotography)
5. Methods quality and quantitative analysis of pesticides (chemical and physicochemical. Problem 2)
- The chemical methods are grounded on chemical transformations, which lead to formation of precipitations coloured connections, gaseous matters. The chemical processes (analytical reactings) are caused by actions parsed matter of definite reactants or reagents.
- The physicochemical methods control flow of chemical reaction on change any of physical property: photocolometry, spectopotometery, gas liquid and liquid chromatography.
6. Methods of definition efficiency of pesticides (laboratory, vegetation, field . Problem 2)
7. Microbiological definition method of biological preparations quality (problem 3)
8. Methds of laboratory and industrial dilution of bionaterials (problem 3)
First of all the state estimation of an environment is carried out by the criterion of chemical monitoring with usage of standard highly sensitive methds of the analyses of residuum of pesticides.The estimation.of environment's trouble is determined be the comparison of quantity of pesticides with maximum permissible concentration( MXC) for air, water, soil and with maximum permissible level (MPL) in products of a crop. On the basis of this data the complex index –maximum safe load (MSL) of pesticides for the given ecosystem is calculated.
Expected results and their usage
In the results of conducted researches following results are expected:
- Shortening of unreasonable costs on requirement of expensive and import preparation.
- Realization in practice of an agriculture effective and safe pesticides, decisive simultaneously by economic and ecological problems.
- Improvement and wide usage of biomethod in agricultural illness- as one element of the integrated protection.
- Licensing and inculcation of searching preparations for realization in trade network;
- Control for burial out of date pesticides.
The problems and the purposes of this project are solved in accordance with the requirements of " ISTC" program. The highly qualified and competent scientists were involved in the realization of the project.
Data about the volume of the project:
The project includes three main problems:
The volume of activity encloses all regions of the republic.
Within the framework of a work content the scientific bisiness trips in Commonwealth of Independent State and western countries are sceduled realization of research works, according to problems, left in the project, acquisition of the equipments, realization of scientific conferences, seminars, issuing and publication of the manuals, reference books, materials of conferences.
Role of foreign collaborators:
- Information exchange during implementation of the project.
- Presenation of the commentaries to the technical reports.
- Realization of joint conferences and working seminars.
- Realization of joint training for implementation of project problems.
- Organization of business trips with the purpose of experience exchange.
Joint participation in cultivation of the methodical guidelines.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.