Radioactive Pollution Caused by Smoke
Elaboration of Methods of Estimating the Density and Scale of Radioactive Pollution Caused by Smoke Throws from Fires, Taking Place in Polluted Territories
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-EHS/Environmental Health and Safety/Environment
3 Approved without Funding
NIIIT (Pulse Techniques), Russia, Moscow
- Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Russia, Moscow\nScientific & Production Association “Typhoon”, Russia, Kaluga reg., Obninsk
Project summaryThe objective of project is the elaboration of the methods and software for forecast and evaluation of radiation situation in zone of smoke throws caused by fires taking place on the territories, have subjected earlier to the radioactive pollution The decision of the problems is carried out by a method of complex mathematical modeling fires and smokes, radioactive aerosols formation and polluted air weights transfer caused by convectional and advectional processes.
The working out approaches possess a quality of taking into consideration of quantitative features and chemical composition of radionuclides accumulated by hot materials, such as forest bedding, trunkes, bark and crowns of trees.
As a result of realizing present project the set c: of methods and user software will be created, allowing:
- to forecast radioactive situation к adjoining territories in case of rise of fires of different etiology and scale on the basis of integral data on quantity, condition and radioactive pollution of hot material of forest massifs;
- to obtain estimation of radioactive pollution scale and density, using the smoke trace on the basis of data on concrete zone of active burning, fire dynamics and contours, radioactive pollution of hot material, wind situation.
The obtained results are intended to use operative work of headquarters and sub-units of Ministry of extraordinary situations, Ministry of atomic industry and energetica, as well as in work of such supervision agency as Goskomnadzor of Russia or National Adjusting Committee of the USA to estimate atomic accidents probability sequences.
Potential role of foreign collaborators
Foreign collaborators are ready:
- To provide consultations during the project fulfillment;
- To use given project results in their own work.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.