Treatment of Optical Parts
Optical Materials and Methods of Treatment of High-Precision Optical Parts.
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-SYN/Materials Synthesis and Processing/Materials
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Lapidus O V
PO LZOS (Optical Glass Plant), Russia, Moscow reg., Lytkarino
- VITCON Projectconsult GmbH, Germany, Jena
Project summaryPurpose of the Project: To apply scientific knowledge accumulated by IA "LZOS" in design of space target finding systems, as well as aiming of missiles and powerful striking a blow lasers of flying objects to creation optical elements made of special glass-types, development of new treatment methods of optical parts of civil purpose.
It is proposed to develop:
- scientific basis, technology and equipment for cooking new types of glass on the basis of fluorphosphate compounds with the use of platinum or glass-carbon pots as well as utilising processes characteristic to non-condensed systems;
- composition and production practice of oxigen-free chalcogenide glass, applicable in manufacture of lightguides, transparent in IR range of l-14 mm;
- scientific basis and technology for dimensional ion-beam machining of high-precision optical surfaces with material removal in zones at Angstrom level;
- treatment technique of high-precision astronomical mirrors made by zone retouching with small-size tools including treatment of mirrors made of non-traditional solicon-carbide type materials.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.