Sedative and Spasmolytic Drags
New Environmental Save and Economical Technology for Production of Sedative and Spasmolytic Drugs “Ethyl Ether of Alfa-Bromisovaleric Asid” and “Corvalolum”
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
- CHE-SYN/Basic and Synthetic Chemistry/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, Kazakstan, Almaty
- The Republican Government Enterprise on the basic of economic control rights “Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems” , Kazakstan, Gvardeiski
- Universita Ca'Foscari di Venezia, Italy, Venice
Project summaryThe aim of the project: Carrying out the research and experience-construction works for elaboration a new, competitive and at the same time suitable for industrial introduction technology of obtaining the medicine “Ethyl ether of α-bromisovaleric acid” (EEBIA) and corvalolum and organization a small-scale production of these drugs.
Essence of the problem: The offered technology based on catalytic method of synthesis of EEBID from isobutylene, carbon monoxide, ethanol and bromine. The technology is highly-economic and highly- environmental safe. The production cost of the drugs (EEBIA, corvalolum) by the new technology is 3-4 times less than for the industrial technology.
Main problems which must be solved for achievement of the project aim:
- Finding optimum conditions of synthesis of EEBIA by the new technology;
- Working out of laboratory-technological regulations of obtaining of the drugs;
- Carrying out of the toxicological, pharmacological and pharmacopeic tests of drugs obtained by new technology;
- Working out of the Temporary pharmacopeic clause on the drugs, obtained by the new technology;
- Projecting and experience-construction works for arrangement a small-scale production of the drugs.
Importance of the project: Realization of the project will help to develop pharmaceutical industry of Republic of Kazakhstan. Now Kazakhstan because of weak development of pharmaceutical industry has to import about 95% of medicine. Participation in the project scientists formerly involved in weapons development will provide for them alternate job, connected with peaceful problems.
Role of Foreign Collaborators: Assistance in selection and ordering the necessary equipment and participation in joint research work for development the new technology for preparation of the drugs (EEEBIA, corvalolum).
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.