Antidiabetic Phytomedicine “Razibet”
Development, Pharmacological Investigations, and Implementation of New Antidiabetic Phytomedicine RAZIBET
Tech Area / Field
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
Institute for Study of Avicenna's Heritage and Pharmacology, Tajikistan, Dushanbe
- Global Institute for Bioexploration, USA, NJ, New Brunswick\nThe State University of New Jersey RUTGERS / School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, USA, NJ, New Brunswick\nUniversité de Paris VI / UMRS 872, INSERM, CNRS, France, Paris
Project summaryThe high prevalence of pancreatic diabetes in the world as well as heavy social burden of this pathology requires development of new theoretical, experimental and practical approaches for creation of more effective, low-toxicity natural medicines.
The goal of the project is development of the new for applied medicine low-toxicity pluripotential antidiabetic medicine based on phytochemical, pharmacological and toxicological researches of the upland crane's-bill (Geranium collinum), which is a high prevalence flavonoid – containing plants in Tajikistan.
Thus, the project is devoted to one of the urgent issues of modern diabetic studies, pharmacology and medicine – creation of effective, safe and harmless antidiabetic phytomedicine, owning:
- sugar- decreasing effect;
- hypolipidemic effect;
- metabolism-correcting effect;
- angioprotecting effect;
- hepatoprotecting effect;
- antioxidant effect;
- Corrected vascular possess, disturbed during pancreatic diabetes;
The proposed project has important economic and social meaning.
- Making heavy scientific and practical contribution to fight against pancreatic diabetes;
- Reducing treatment period for patients having pancreatic diabetes;
- Decreasing disability and death rates of patients.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.