Compound Separator for Medicine (R)
High-Molecular Compound Separator for Bio-Medical Purposes.
Tech Area / Field
3 Approved without Funding
OAO GAS, Russia, N. Novgorod reg., N. Novgorod
- Russian Academy of Sciences / Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics, Russia, Moscow\nNPO Molniya, Russia, Moscow\nNIIIT (Pulse Techniques), Russia, Moscow\nScience & Engineering Center „Centrotech“ (CEBM), Russia, St Petersburg
Project summaryProject Basis
A novel effective high-resolving device for separating high-molecular compounds in solution is proposed. The model results obtained are:
– The possibility of a 10 to 100 - fold increase in the separative power of the device designed to separate multi-component high-molecular compound mixtures using ultra-centrifugation and other physical processes (hydrodynamic and electrophoretic ) was established;
– A significant increase in the separative ower and resolving is due to a repeated passage of a fluid element through centrifugal field. A special hydraulic arrangement comprising of pumps and control means maintains a fluid flow in the centrifuge rotor.
– Mathematical modeling diffusion, macromolecular motion in centrifugal and electric fields and hydrodynamic processes for certain design versions;
– Developing a Program Software;
– Computing strength, vibration and thermal characteristics and conducting pilot studies;
– Designing three separator versions differing in use
(I) Preparative device for research purposes;
(II) Analytic device for research purposes;
(III) Device for industrial purposes: the cleaning of drugs obtained by biotechnological and other methods;
– Trying out single separator units on special stands;
– Making three model versions of the HMCS and their testing;
Conforming to the ISTC Goals
The project conforms to the ISTC goals and permits the solution of the following problem:
1. Elaborating a novel method and devices for separating high-molecular compounds, thus essentially facilitating a search for effective drugs and promoting scientific research in biochemistry and biology;
2. Converting basic science and engineering centers engaged in developing methods and equipment for separating U isotopes in N.W. production;
3. Elaborating the separation method to design an effective device for cleaning industrial wastes from toxic products, and for ecological monitoring.
The project results are:
I) elaborating an effective method for separating high-molecular compounds 10 to 100 times more effective than the existing devices;
II) developing an appropriate device for analytic, prepapative, and large-scale separation;
III) complex models testing.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.