Fluorine Substituted Phosphates
Synthesis and evaluation of a-fluorine substituted derivatives of phosphonic acids as analogs for natural phosphates and phosphonates.
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-SYN/Basic and Synthetic Chemistry/Chemistry
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
Komarkov D A
State Research Institute of Organic Chemistry and Technology, Russia, Moscow
- Cornell University / Graduate School of Medical Sciences, USA, NY, Ithaca\nUniversität Copenhagen / Oerstad Institute, Denmark, Copenhagen\nHoechst AG, Germany, Frankfurt\nUniversity of Essex, UK, Colchester\nVeterans Affairs Medical Center, USA, OR, Portland
Project summaryThis project devotes to synthesis and biological activity a wide range of a-fluorine substituted phosphonates as analogues natural phosphates and phosphonates with the objective of preparing a range of novel. physiologically active substances with potential medical applications. Numerous reports have appeared in recent years, concerning the possible use of this way in the investigation of the new medicines. Unfortunately a lot of compounds of this type are still difficult to prepare. That is why the purpose of proposed project is development new synthetic methods in this field or organophosphorus chemistry with the aim to find physiologically active substances wide range of action and perspective as medicines.
This problem is. actual in scientific and practical application. Realization of this program will allow:
- to work out new patentable methods of synthesis ensuring progress this field of organophosphorus chemistry;
- to obtain a lot of unknown compounds and evaluate their properties;
- to make known the influence of a-fluorine atom in phosphonates on their biological activity;
- to make a wide screening of biological activity compounds of this row and determine spectrum of their action;
- to synthesis and investigate new potential antibiotics, antiviral and antitumour agents.
The collective of scientists submitting this proposal has considerable experience both in the handling of physiologically active substances in the sphere of chemical weapons and in the development of structure-activity relationships for the development of new types, of biologically active compounds. They are well-know technical approach and methodology.
Participation of chemists-synthetics, chemists-technologists, physico-chemists and biologists will provide a complex decision of problem what it will allow maximum to use of their skill levels and the existing laboratory equipment.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.