Development of Polymeric Organic Metals and Stable Semiconductive Materials with Low Content of Structural Defects
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-POL/Polymer Chemistry/Chemistry
- MAN-MAT/Engineering Materials/Manufacturing Technology
3 Approved without Funding
Yerevan Research Institute of Optical and Physical Measurements, Armenia, Yerevan
- Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry, Armenia, Yerevan
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA, CO, Golden\nUniversity of Tsukuba / Institute of Materials Science, Japan, Ibaraki\nRoyal Institute of Technology, Sweden, Stockholm
Project summaryThe research group of the scientists involved in the project have been engaged in synthesis of new materials and composites, biologically active compounds, and electronic devices connected with progressive military technology. The scientists have had a lot of practice and possess a high qualification for solving scientific and applied problems. Our research group is ready to use his potential for solving more actual problems in branch and to obtain new materials for production.
At present a numerous research institutions in the world are engaged in problem reception of stable, low defective organic semi-conductive materials in given structure. These researches are very actual because of the practical application of such cheap materials will open a new stage in electronics and electronic engineering. It may be noted that the US DOE (Ministry of Power energy in USA) has spent more than 100mln dollars for creation of the model of lithium polymeric accumulators during the last two years.
Our earlier research activity which is circumscribed in the appropriate reports and publications, shows our contribution in development of the field of new organic polymer metals and semiconductor materials reception in particular stable, low defective polyacetylene and we have come to a solution of the problem of syntheses of a new material to be used in the chemical source of power. We prefer cooperate with a foreign collaborators with use their scientific and technical potential to decide of Human problems.
The purpose of the project is:
- the working out a cheap, environmental pure and simple technological method for received stereoregular polyacetylene with a high stability of electrochemical and electrophysical properties and with minimum structural defects, which will be useful for application in various devices of electronics and electrical engineering.
- on the basis of these materials development of a technique for manufacturing of films, plates and compositions with specific physico-mechanical parameters for shaping mikroporous electrodes for primary and secondary chemical sources of current.
- development of scientific basis for obtaining of stables polyacetylene films and plates.
The technical approach consists of working out the method of synthesis of polyacetylene on the modified metal-complex catalic systems permitting to vary micro-structural, structural and morphological parameters of polyacetylene such as; molecular mass, molecular mass distribution, magnitude and character of structural defects, magnitude of porous, size fibrils and character of secondary formations.
The modification of polyacetylene will allow to formed films and plates of semiconductive materials with given physico-mechanical and electrochemical parameters necessary for the work of an electrode and other devices.
The peculiarity of the methodology include complex chemical and physical researches for new materials with step control of the structure.
The integrated group of physicists and chemists can quantitatively characterize the structure and its connection with the properties of the material.
During the work new scientific and practical results in the following directions are expected:
1. Testing of new materials in the construction of chemical sources of power and photoelectrochemical converters of energy.
2. Studying of creation peculiarities of low defective, stable stereoregular polyens. Clearing up the factors influencing on the stability of physical and chemical properties of the materials.
3. .Working out the method of manufacturing of stable films and plates suitable for use in various devices.
4. Manufacturing of electrode materials for long term work in water, as will us in organic mediums.
5. Creation of active electrode materials for electrochemical catching of heavy metals from industrial water drains.
6. Creation of cheap and active polymeric covers for modification and cover of electrodes in industrial electrolysers.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.