RAD waste Migration in Groundwater
Development and testing of models to calculate migration of radioactivity in groundwater.
Tech Area / Field
- ENV-MRA/Modelling and Risk Assessment/Environment
8 Project completed
Senior Project Manager
VNIITF, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Snezhinsk
- Gidrospetsgeologiya, Russia, Moscow\nNPO Mayak, Russia, Chelyabinsk reg., Oziorsk
- CEA / IPSN (Institut de Protection et Sûreté Nucléaire), France, Fontenay aux Roses\nCEA / DCC / CEN Cadarache, France, Cadarache\nSandia National Laboratories, USA, NM, Albuquerque
Project summaryThe main tasks of project:
- Development of (physical-mathematical) model and numerical code to calculate radioactivity migration in ground waters.
- Testing of the model by comparing calculation results with available measurement data on radioactivity migration from the region of lake Karachay and the data of Swedish experiment "Stripa".
- Carrying out forecast calculations of ground waters contamination evaluation in the region of lake Karachay. Main results of proposed work are to be;
- Two and three-dimensional models and codes to calculate radioac-tivity migration in ground waters.
- Forecast of radioactivity migration from lake Karachay region.
In this project the main ISTC aims can be realized in considerable degrees the activities of group of specialists, dealing with nuclear charge design have to be turned into peaceful field-long time work on environmental protection problems.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.