Polymer Matrix Materials
Computer synthesis of structure and physico-mechanical properties of composite materials with polymer matrix.
Tech Area / Field
- MAT-SYN/Materials Synthesis and Processing/Materials
3 Approved without Funding
Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics, Russia, Moscow
- Engineering and Technical Center, Russia, Moscow
- McDonnel Douglas Space System Co, USA, MO, St Louis
Project summaryPurpose: Develop theoretical and numerical approach for description of physico-mechanical and strength-stress properties of hybrid polymer composites with interphase layers.
Composite model structure concepts and programs for computer investigation to be developed to satisfy future advanced materials exploration requirements will concentrate on:
- investigation of influence of interphase phenomena at the filler-matrix boundary;
- theoretical computer and experimental investigations by Molecular and Brownian Dynamic Methods and Scanning Tunnel and Atom Forced Microscopy of interphase layer properties;
- working out structure model, algorithm and computer programs for calculation of hybrid polymer composite mechanical properties;
- numerical investigation, experimental testing and verification.
The results of this investigation will be theoretical and model conceptions, together with validated computer programs and methodology of numerical investigations of strength-stress behavior of composites with viscoelastic matrix for prediction of structure and appropriate properties of advanced composites, particularly, for the development of high performance, low cost materials for space applications. The result of this effort will include software for calculations of the mechanical properties of the various structural configurations of interest, and test results for representative regimes of loadings.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.