Russian Academy of Sciences / Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution
A. N. Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution (IEE RAS)
33, Leninsky pr., Moscow, 117071, Russia
- 1174 - Monitoring Plague Natural Foci
- 2178 - Ecosystem Dynamics and Prophylaxy of Natural Foci Diseases
- 2258 - Dioxin Formation at Combustion
- 2558 - Radioecological Monitoring of the Tobol and Irtysh Rivers
- 2587 - Restoration of Vegetation Using Plant Growth Regulators
- 3547 - Radionuclides Transport in the Irtysh-Ob’ Basin
- Disease Surveillance / Medicine
- Biosafety and BioSecurity / Biotechnology
- Environmental Health and Safety / Environment
- Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering / Chemistry
- Monitoring and Instrumentation / Environment
- Modelling and Risk Assessment / Environment
- Water Pollution and Control / Environment
- Plant Protection / Agriculture
- Biochemistry / Biotechnology
- Remediation and Decontamination / Environment
- Natural Resources and Earth Sciences / Other Basic Sciences
BriefThe Institute of Ecology and Evolution of the Russian Academy of Sciences established in 1934 by academician A.M. Severtsov is one of the leading biological institutes of Russia. The Institute is a scientific research centre on problems of general ecology, biological diversity, ethology, and animal ecology and evolutionary morphology.
The data obtained at the Institute are of wide use in various branches of the national economy (nature conservation, plants protection from all kinds of pests, fishery and fish farming, game management, etc.). These data are the basis for sustainable use of natural resources and conservation natural ecosystems and wildlife.
The Institute has 42 laboratories and thematic research groups, Russian-Mongolian Complex Biological Expedition, Bird Ringing Centre of Russia, Study Centre for Electron Microscopy, Vivarium, Aquarial Centre, and ten biological stations in various regions of Russia.
Currently, the Institute staff includes two Academicians and three Corresponding Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, one Academician of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 30 Professors, 75 Doctors of Sciences (DSc) and 216 Candidates of Sciences (PhD), many investigators, about 30 postgraduate students, including some foreign citizens.
Every year the Institute's scientists publish about 30 books and 600-700 articles on fundamental biological problems. Some of them (about 10 books and 300 articles) are published by international publishing houses and scientific journals. The Institute coordinates the Russian Federal Programs on Biological Diversity.
The International Science and Technology Center (ISTC) is an intergovernmental organization connecting scientists from Kazakhstan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Georgia with their peers and research organizations in the EU, Japan, Republic of Korea, Norway and the United States.
ISTC facilitates international science projects and assists the global scientific and business community to source and engage with CIS and Georgian institutes that develop or possess an excellence of scientific know-how.