Russian Academy of Sciences / Institute of Metals Superplasticity Problems
Institute of Metals Superplasticity Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IMSP)
39, Stepana Khalturina st., Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan, 450001, Russian Federation
- High Performance Metals and Alloys / Materials
- Manufacturing, Planning, Processing and Control / Manufacturing Technology
- Machinery and Tools / Manufacturing Technology
- Engineering Materials / Manufacturing Technology
- Materials Synthesis and Processing / Materials
- Electrotechnology / Other
- CAD and CAM / Manufacturing Technology
КраткоInstitute for Metals Superplasticity Problems, founded in 1985, is one of the country's leading research and development centers in the field of materials science and processing. The foundation of the Institute was prepared by intensive research activity of a group of scientists launched at one of the Departments of the Ufa Aviation Institute in early 70's.
ИсследованиеFundamental directions of investigations:
– Physics of strength, plasticity and superplasticity of polycrystalline materials;
– Theoretical and experimental studies of structure and properties of grain boundaries in metals, alloys , intermetallics and ceramics;
– Development of methods and investigations of physical and mechanical properties of nanocrystalline and submicrocrystalline materials;
– Mechanics of superplastic flow and mathematical modeling of forming processes in superplastic conditions;
– Creation of scientific basis for processing composite materials with metallic, intermetallic and ceramic matrixes;
– Development of basic principles for creation of integral technologies comprising concurrent processes of solid state joint formation and forming of structures from sheet materials;
– Creation of scientific basis for developing new lubricants to be used with superplastically processed materials.
The Institute has developed a number of advanced resource saving technological processes by using the effect of superplasticity such as:
– Processing of large scale semi-products with submicrocrystalline and nanocrystalline microstructures out of different materials;
– Production of precise billets with minimal allowances by die forging in conditions of superplasticity;
– Processing of complex shape and large size articles by the method of local deformation in a regime of superplasticity;
– Technology for producing multiple layer cellular structures by the combined method of superplastic forming and solid state joint formation;
– Technology for manufacturing automobile wheel discs by using liquid forging, etc.
Many technological processes developed by the Institute have been implemented.