New Pharmaceutical Technology
New Environmentally Safe and Efficient Technology for the Production of Pharmaceutical Materials
Tech Area / Field
- MED-DRG/Drug Discovery/Medicine
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, Kazakstan, Almaty
- The Republican Government Enterprise on the basic of economic control rights “Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems” , Kazakstan, Gvardeiski
- Pennsylvania State University / Department of Chemistry, USA, PA, University Park
Project summaryThe aim of the project is research, probation and construction works for elaboration a new efficient technology for synthesis of ethyl ether of -bromisovaleric acid and corvalolum and arrangement a small-scale production of them.
The essence of the problem: The offered new technology for synthesis of ethyl ether of -bromisovaleric acid is based on hydroetherification of isobutylene by carbon monoxide and ethanol in the presence of metal complex catalyst. The new technology is environmentally safe and efficient. Production cost is 3-5 times lower than that for the existing industrial method.
The following tasks would be implemented:
– Optimum parameters for EEBIA synthesis would be selected.
– Technology for synthesis of the medicine would be elaborated.
– Pre-clinical and clinical tests for the medicine would be carried out.
– Monographs (medical passports) for the medicine would be prepared.
– Projecting and construction works for arrangement a small-scale production
of the medicine would be carried out.