Sedative and Spasmolytic Drags
New Environmental Save and Economical Technology for Production of Sedative and Spasmolytic Drugs “Ethyl Ether of Alfa-Bromisovaleric Asid” and “Corvalolum”
Tech Area / Field
- CHE-IND/Industrial Chemistry and Chemical Process Engineering/Chemistry
- CHE-SYN/Basic and Synthetic Chemistry/Chemistry
3 Approved without Funding
Research Institute of New Chemical Technologies and Materials, Kazakstan, Almaty
- The Republican Government Enterprise on the basic of economic control rights “Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems” , Kazakstan, Gvardeiski
- Universita Ca'Foscari di Venezia, Italy, Venice
Project summaryThe aim of the project: Carrying out the research and experience-construction works for elaboration a new, competitive and at the same time suitable for industrial introduction technology of obtaining the medicine “Ethyl ether of α-bromisovaleric acid” (EEBIA) and corvalolum and organization a small-scale production of these drugs.
Essence of the problem: The offered technology based on catalytic method of synthesis of EEBID from isobutylene, carbon monoxide, ethanol and bromine. The technology is highly-economic and highly- environmental safe. The production cost of the drugs (EEBIA, corvalolum) by the new technology is 3-4 times less than for the industrial technology.
Main problems which must be solved for achievement of the project aim:
- Finding optimum conditions of synthesis of EEBIA by the new technology;
- Working out of laboratory-technological regulations of obtaining of the drugs;
- Carrying out of the toxicological, pharmacological and pharmacopeic tests of drugs obtained by new technology;
- Working out of the Temporary pharmacopeic clause on the drugs, obtained by the new technology;
- Projecting and experience-construction works for arrangement a small-scale production of the drugs.
Importance of the project: Realization of the project will help to develop pharmaceutical industry of Republic of Kazakhstan. Now Kazakhstan because of weak development of pharmaceutical industry has to import about 95% of medicine. Participation in the project scientists formerly involved in weapons development will provide for them alternate job, connected with peaceful problems.
Role of Foreign Collaborators: Assistance in selection and ordering the necessary equipment and participation in joint research work for development the new technology for preparation of the drugs (EEEBIA, corvalolum).